Venting at the Rooftop.

We have a lovely thread for our characters bright accomplishments and another for our catastrophic failures. However, I feel we are missing a thread for venting. Pure, relentless venting. So imagine an isolated rooftop at Flit, where neither bat or urchin will hear you. Get up there. And shout at the false stars.

Here, I will make a start.
Grow up you blasted plant. Just. Grow. The Hell. Up.

Turns out if you refuse to sacrifice weasels, bats and bishops to the infernal shoot it punishes you by growing up slower than an actual baobab. If I see another bronze card I will cook the damn thing. I would have cooked it long ago if it Hadn’t. Kept. Showing. Up!

That felt really good.

I feel your pain I was nearing level 16 then I get a challenge from an acquaintance, have never tried it before so why not down to level 13 get back to 14 and in my foolishness I accept again I am now on 13 going to 14 and well that’s why I don’t want plant battles anymore. d–n plant ill send you to the gardeners if you turn down another batch of weasels.
edited by the old man on 12/15/2019

Urchins have been bothering me all year. Me? No complains.

But now that I need them, where are they? Where?! COME! Come urchins! I need your snow!

[quote=Nonomori]Urchins have been bothering me all year. Me? No complains.

But now that I need them, where are they? Where?! COME! Come urchins! I need your snow![/quote]

My problem was similar: I needed the Slowcake Amanuensis / Salon card to appear so I could get enough Notability to force-draw the Urchins to sell me snow. By the end of one week, I managed to obtain 40 pails of snow and a lot of pent-up resentment after having to do parties and salons non-stop.

This is the 100th time some &quotNoted&quot Orchid Grower that no-one’s ever heard of swoops out of nowhere and tells me that a plant that’s definitely not anything close to an orchard plant is a hell fern. Somehow because I’m part of some criminals that busted out of New Newgate and can see the &quotchange points&quot of everything (player characters), I can tell her visits always hurt my plant (No, I don’t belong in the Beth, unless it’s the penthouse). Is it because I follow her [CENSORED BY MINISTRY] advice? No, I would have learned after the first, or maybe the 50th time I tried it. Maybe I allow that demented lunatic access to my plant? No again. You know what it is? The plant gets sad that it isn’t some awesome hell fern. I suggested dousing it in pitch and lighting it on fire, then serving it as grilled kebabs to make it close to a real hell fern, but it didn’t like that.

And honestly, it’s been sitting around my various houses so long (yeah I think it’s following me) that I’m going to start charging it rent. And because it was so lazy, I had to avoid the one part where it could be useful, because I actually do something with my life, unlike something I know. The only useful thing I do with it is this.

Why do those damned certified Scrap take so much Time to gather?
Can’t I just scrounge around Spite to find some? It’s madness how long it takes to gather 3200 for end-tier items!
I’ve been trying to get enough scrap for several years now! And the Relicers always take away scrap in the 50/50 chance to certify some!

Venting really helps

My bet is that the Urchins have simply sloped off and are lollygagging about with the b_____ Bohemians that my alt needs to come visit. And no doubt, when I need a Constable, there will be nary a one to be seen for weeks.

Alternatively, the Random Number Gods are angry. Again. Would sacrificing my stinking fern to them help me in any way??

[quote=Honeyaddict]Why do those damned certified Scrap take so much Time to gather?
Can’t I just scrounge around Spite to find some? It’s madness how long it takes to gather 3200 for end-tier items!
I’ve been trying to get enough scrap for several years now! And the Relicers always take away scrap in the 50/50 chance to certify some!

Venting really helps[/quote]

As someone who finally has 3200 Scraps ready to spend after nearly 10 in FL…

I suggest collecting Urchin Favours. Because now when you call in Favours with the Urchins (via a card you can only draw in the Flit), you get 25 Scraps for 3 Favours. That speeds the process up a lot (though I also choose the Scraps option on EVERY SINGLE LODGINGS CARD I get, which is a lot.)

On the scraps issue, Jermaine is pleased to relate that after getting the Rumourmonger’s Network with his first 3,200 scraps, the second collection is now approaching 2,500 in record time. The Urchins mentioned above really helps, but it is having all the boring lodgings that makes a difference. And never, but never, adding the random element. Learnt that the hard way.

hey random number generator nice present really screams you may I assume their loaded to land on 1 are you going to undo the action cost and pain and annoyance for going into new newgate on a 90% chance no well merry Christmas anyway (just remember this isn’t over)
edited by the old man on 12/18/2019

May your second 3200 come more quickly than had your first.

Shortly after my last post on this thread, I made it to 3200. I chose to take the first one of the four that became available to me, which was the Reported Location of a One-Time Prince of Hell. Thanks to the Urchins, I’m back to 48 already.

I have, from time to time, tried the random element, since it’s a 50/50 shot. For some reason, I seem to do better with those luck rolls when I have a lot of scraps (say, over 1000) already. That might just be selective memory talking though.

Given we are all venting on a Flit roof… you’d think having 40 Renown would allow you to find the Urchins to exchange favors.
Instead of waiting for them.
In the only place that has three -3!- location specific cards.
Sometimes I am so bored of the green background on my screen I could cry in Viric.

Speaking of said things, if you have 40 or higher renown with any faction you should be able to call in a favour easily, like a permanent option or something.

[quote=Honeyaddict]Why do those damned certified Scrap take so much Time to gather?

Venting really helps[/quote]
I can sympathise so much. I never should have decided to go for the Treasures option for PP, but I did, and now I’m sticking to my sunk cost dammit. Still have a bit above 5,000 to go, though.

On the subject of this thread, Calling in Favours in the Flit is my new bane. I have pretty much taken up permanent residence in the Flit. I barely even have to give weasels to Urchins anymore, because just using the kitten will usually get me three favours long before I get the chance to call them in.

Turns out that I have 62,941 certifiable scrap… Colour me surprised. I do go for even the 1 scrap options and haven’t spent any.

These days it’s getting &quotA familiar face by the school railings&quot that takes the longest time.

[quote=Corran][quote=Catherine Raymond]
As someone who finally has 3200 Scraps ready to spend after nearly 10 in FL…
[/quote]

Turns out that I have 62,941 certifiable scrap… Colour me surprised. I do go for even the 1 scrap options and haven’t spent any.
[/quote]

After 5 years in FL, I’ve got all the top-level scrap items and I think I bought some of the second-to-top level scrap items too. I also go for all of the 1 scrap options but – most importantly – I do not gamble with my scraps, the house (i.e. the RNG) always wins!! ;)

Forgot to add, when I was grinding scraps for the top-level items, I flipped cards only in the Flit to get the Urchins Favours reward of 25 scraps as much as possible.
edited by theonie on 12/25/2019

may I propose a change of name of this from venting at a rooftop to venting at scaps and st johns lilly

Eh, I am sure people will need to vent for much, much more soon!