Using GAME_END_EFFECT

I’m trying to create a card to end my game at any point, for the purposes of testing so I can go back to the beginning without having any of the skills etc my test character has accumulated.[li]
I’ve created the card, and a Branch that the default result has the GAME_END_EFFECT in the exotic effect area. But when i use this branch my test character just stays on a screen with no choices. How do I loop it back to where you can create a new character with a new name?

I’ve had some players experience this. I’m pretty sure it’s a bug in SN that this just sometimes happen instead of taking you to the end game screen. Should probably make a support request for it…

I’ve had cards just ‘go weird’. Recreating an identical card, and making sure I don’t accidentally reuse the weird one has resolved 99% of things.

This could just be coincidence. But it’s worth a try.

[quote=babelfishwars]I’ve had cards just ‘go weird’. Recreating an identical card, and making sure I don’t accidentally reuse the weird one has resolved 99% of things.

This could just be coincidence. But it’s worth a try.[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion. It made sense, but sadly didn’t work. My new card does the same thing the old one does. I feel like I’m missing a key step, but I’m not sure what it is.

[li]

[quote=Gadget Girl][quote=babelfishwars]I’ve had cards just ‘go weird’. Recreating an identical card, and making sure I don’t accidentally reuse the weird one has resolved 99% of things.

This could just be coincidence. But it’s worth a try.[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion. It made sense, but sadly didn’t work. My new card does the same thing the old one does. I feel like I’m missing a key step, but I’m not sure what it is.

[li][/quote]

Screen shot of card? We could try staring at it, see if there’s anything missing…

[quote=babelfishwars][li]
Screen shot of card? We could try staring at it, see if there’s anything missing…[/quote]

[/li][li]I was thinking of doing that, but I think I figured part of it out. Even though I was trying a couple different browsers I must have had something bad cached, because I emptied my cache and it worked. A good reminder to never forget the basics of web troubleshooting.[/li][li]

I was thinking of doing that, but I think I figured part of it out. Even though I was trying a couple different browsers I must have had something bad cached, because I emptied my cache and it worked. A good reminder to never forget the basics of web troubleshooting.[/quote]
I have a good stare. I reckon it was the threat of me staring that ACTUALLY did it. ;-) {Glad you’ve got it fixed.}

Only as it turns out that didn’t fix it. Or rather it fixed it once, but it doesn’t work anymore. I once again can’t use my end game effect. [li]

I’m pretty sure that this is a random glitch in SN. I’ve always been able to use it fine with my test characters, but I have had other testers report getting stuck. I have a vague suspicion that it may be to do with a “must” card wanting to trigger or something, but I’m not really sure.

Hmm. Looks like mine. Have you checked the deck/setting/area are all appropriate? (That’s me out of ideas.)

[li]
When you say deck/settings/area do you mean for getting to the card, or should I be setting my game end effect to send me to the same area/setting as the beginning of my game?

[li]
When you say deck/settings/area do you mean for getting to the card, or should I be setting my game end effect to send me to the same area/setting as the beginning of my game?[/quote]
[/li]
Just the former. Make sure it’s properly playable? I’m pretty certain that’s not the problem - because unless you’re playing it from test / giving it to player via debug, can’t see how they’d get to it to play it to have it not work … :-S

[color=#C2B280]As far as I can tell, the game end exotic effect is working as intended. However, there’s a bug that stops Any Setting storylets from firing properly: it prevents them from applying both normal and exotic effects. Trying to play one causes branch text to disappear, but doesn’t display result text.

Fixing this is on our development task list but is low priority, so please assign all storylets to specific settings for now.[/color]

[quote=Flyte][color=#C2B280]As far as I can tell, the game end exotic effect is working as intended. However, there’s a bug that stops Any Setting storylets from firing properly: it prevents them from applying both normal and exotic effects. Trying to play one causes branch text to disappear, but doesn’t display result text.

Fixing this is on our development task list but is low priority, so please assign all storylets to specific settings for now.[/color][/quote]

Thanks for the response, I think that would explain what I’ve seen too, as I also apply persistent qualities upon death (although it seems to work properly sometimes). But as long as there’s a workaround, it’s all okay! ;)