User script - how much are you worth + Wardrobe!

[quote=Dave ][quote=Valerie Kaplan]I’m on Firefox. The only thing that’s incorrect for me is the displayed total.

Not in Chrome with Tampermonkey…

EDIT: (In Chromium+Tampermonkey, what I’m using, all items show correctly in the wardrobe window). What browser are you using?
edited by Vyrlokar on 5/27/2012[/quote][/quote]

I loaded up Firefox again to test this, and I’m not seeing this issue personally. The totals shown in Firefox match those shown in Chrome for me. Can you check again? Are you running any unusual plugins or ad-ons?[/quote]
I’m double-checking now and looking at it on both Firefox and Chrome, and the totals listed do not match for me. I have manually totalled my maxes in both the standard and expanded inventory, too, and this is definitely what’s happening. I’m not sure what would constitute an unusual add-on; I can tell you that this is the only thing I’ve used GreaseMonkey for, and indeed I installed it just for this purpose.

Can you PM me a list of the extended inventory items you have? Since I’m not seeing this bug I’m at a bit of a loss - maybe if I can narrow it down to what equipment is different between you and myself it will help.

Oh, and nice user name. As a guy who was once kicked out of a goth club for blowing bubbles, I can appreciate it;)

Has this broken with the move to the new domain, or is it just me?

If you can manually edit the script, add

// @include http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Gap/Load

next to the similar lines and all will be well.

Every script that isn’t set up to run on every single webpage (which do exist and I have even written one) will break when a site moves to another URL.

Given the nature of the neath, when an_ocelot recommends something it’s probably good advice.

Is editing the script something I can do with Chrome?

Frankly, Chrome handles userscripts very poorly. Yes you can run them right out of the box, so to speak, but you can’t determine the order they run in (which can be very important for some of the scirpts I run) and you can not edit them in a manner besides hunting down where chrome stores the scripts and firing up notepad.

The solution I, and many others use, is to download a userscript manager extension. I use Blank Canvas. Others use Tamper. These allow you to edit scripts in browser (among other fun-filled features).

I’m afraid you are limited to three options.

• Locate the script on your hard drive and edit it manually with notepad or the text editor of your choice.[/li][li]Download a script manager, just do a search in the chrome store for either Blank Canvas or Tamper. They’re both free at least. You may have to redownload the script before the manager ‘recognizes’ it and allows you to edit it.[/li][li]Wait for Dave to update the script and redownload it.

Edit: I just checked the script and the wait ‘part’ of the third option is over.
edited by Abraham Bounty on 8/26/2012

Hm, I found it and added the line an_ocelot suggested, and it still isn’t working for me. Once again I am bested by technology.

I apologize - I was out of town this weekend, but I updated the script before I left, just a few hours after the website changed. Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to post here about it before I left. Oops. The latest version should work fine (it has exactly the change an_ocelot recommended IIRC)

Oooh this is very useful. Thank you! It works fine for me on Safari via Ninjakit.

Have you considered outfits that minimize a particular stat? It’s not as common a need as maximizing a stat, but every now and then I find myself wanting to do this. Mostly when I’m having a nice relaxing round of chess with a certain river-fairing gentleman.

I’m still getting incorrect totals listed in the “choose an outfit” panel in Firefox, and it seems to have gotten weirder. The totals listed for the original four stats correspond to my Standard Inventory subtotal, but the totals for Respectable, Dreaded, and Bizarre are short by 1, 2, and 3 respectively, which doesn’t correspond to anything I know of. In addition, it is now failing to equip all the relevant items when attempting to maximize those three stats. Again, this is all in Firefox. Everything seems to work perfectly in Chrome.

[quote=Anathema]Oooh this is very useful. Thank you! It works fine for me on Safari via Ninjakit.

Have you considered outfits that minimize a particular stat? It’s not as common a need as maximizing a stat, but every now and then I find myself wanting to do this. Mostly when I’m having a nice relaxing round of chess with a certain river-fairing gentleman.[/quote]

I thought about it, but the list is a bit long as is. You can always make your own minimizing outfits; the minimizing gear is considerably cheaper than the maximizing gear, so you can make an outfit that doesn’t change pretty early on.

I actually hadn’t forgotten you; but I still haven’t had any luck tracking down that bug. It still works correctly for me in Firefox and Chrome on both Windows and Ubuntu, on my normal login and an alt or two… so I’ve run out of other things to try for the moment unfortunately. Any suggestions on what difference I can look at?

I actually hadn’t forgotten you; but I still haven’t had any luck tracking down that bug. It still works correctly for me in Firefox and Chrome on both Windows and Ubuntu, on my normal login and an alt or two… so I’ve run out of other things to try for the moment unfortunately. Any suggestions on what difference I can look at?[/quote]
I wish I knew. I just tried clearing my cache, and it’s not that. I had previously been testing it in Firefox on my laptop against Chrome on my work computer, but I just tried Chrome on my laptop and that was fine. I’ll try Firefox on my work machine tomorrow for completeness’ sake, but… I dunno.

I actually hadn’t forgotten you; but I still haven’t had any luck tracking down that bug. It still works correctly for me in Firefox and Chrome on both Windows and Ubuntu, on my normal login and an alt or two… so I’ve run out of other things to try for the moment unfortunately. Any suggestions on what difference I can look at?[/quote]
I wish I knew. I just tried clearing my cache, and it’s not that. I had previously been testing it in Firefox on my laptop against Chrome on my work computer, but I just tried Chrome on my laptop and that was fine. I’ll try Firefox on my work machine tomorrow for completeness’ sake, but… I dunno.[/quote]
…hmph. When I try it in Firefox on my work computer (Windows XP), the wardrobe pop-up reads:

CHOOSE AN OUTFIT TO EQUIP
undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefined

So that’s not good.

[quote=Dave ][quote=Anathema]Oooh this is very useful. Thank you! It works fine for me on Safari via Ninjakit.

Have you considered outfits that minimize a particular stat? It’s not as common a need as maximizing a stat, but every now and then I find myself wanting to do this. Mostly when I’m having a nice relaxing round of chess with a certain river-fairing gentleman.[/quote]

I thought about it, but the list is a bit long as is. You can always make your own minimizing outfits; the minimizing gear is considerably cheaper than the maximizing gear, so you can make an outfit that doesn’t change pretty early on.[/quote]
While the latter bit is true, the inventory page is already huge for PoSI characters (maybe all characters, if categories for which you have no items appear), so a few more lines on your overlay would not in any way be too long.

After the recent update, this started not working for me- the wardrobe popup won’t even come up. Can anyone help me with this?[li]

Scripts aren’t allowed anymore.

Ah, okay. I didn’t know that, thank you!

[li]
Well, that’s annoying :-(. Looks as though it’s made FL unplayable on Firefox for me now :(

How exactly is FL unplayable? I use Firefox without any Fallen London scripts and everything is fine. Not right at this very moment, but usually okay.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 5/23/2013