Upgradable pets and compainions?

Okay, so I had a thought. With the Dazed Raven Advisor, it’s possible to Upgrade them to better versions that provide more use. I was wondering if this would be something people would want to see more of. And what uses would you want to see?

Personally, I’d love to be able to Upgrade my Ubergoat to have a useful social action for me and others. I like how CIder has a use for both owner and giver, and I’d love to give something with my Ubergoat to people. At the very least add something to the Heptagoat. Poor Nitebrite sold everything, CIder included, to get that thing and it does not even have STATS. 0-0

I adore my ravens, and I loved feeding them on weirdness. I have both philosophical and unscrupulous and am considering going for a full house (i.e. starting afresh with the lesser versions). More upgradable pets/companions would be much appreciated.

The Ruthless Henchman has a pretty swell card where you can enroll him in dance lessons, university classes and burglary tutoring.

I certainly don’t mind getting a even sweller version of him after getting him enough education!

The Grubby Urchin picked up a trumpet on his card too, and it’d be sweet if you can steer him into being a good musician / ear-murderer.

I had no idea there were cards attached to them. What do they do?

You can also upgrade a Rose Bearing Maggot using Choice Heart Cuts from the Feast of the Exceptional Rose. Costs 10 Fate total (5 for each part).

The Talkative Rattus Faber and Malevolent Monkey can be upgraded to a crab on Sacksmas, and that crab can be upgraded during a (possibly retired) event at the end of the Feast of the Rose. The Monkey costs more, but has a higher chance of working.

The Firebrand/Missionary can be upgraded in the Feast of the Rose, for about 70 Fate worth of gift trades.

The Henchman can be upgraded in the Nadir.

The Labrynth of Tigers is sort of upgrading pets, although breeding might be a better word.

If I think of any more, I’ll let you know.

[quote=th8827]The Labrynth of Tigers is sort of upgrading pets, although breeding might be a better word.
[/quote]
I’m not sure Breeding is even the word there. Transmuting?

[quote=th8827]You can also upgrade a Rose Bearing Maggot using Choice Heart Cuts from the Feast of the Exceptional Rose. Costs 10 Fate total (5 for each part).

The Talkative Rattus Faber and Malevolent Monkey can be upgraded to a crab on Sacksmas, and that crab can be upgraded during a (possibly retired) event at the end of the Feast of the Rose. The Monkey costs more, but has a higher chance of working.

The Firebrand/Missionary can be upgraded in the Feast of the Rose, for about 70 Fate worth of gift trades.

The Henchman can be upgraded in the Nadir.

The Labrynth of Tigers is sort of upgrading pets, although breeding might be a better word.

If I think of any more, I’ll let you know.[/quote]
The Dark-Carapaced Crustacean is definitely not an upgrade (at least for the Monkey) and was only upgradeable further for an unexpected 1.5 hours at the end of the Feast of the Rose 2013. That’s much more of a collectible rare thing than an upgraded version of something specific. Breeding beasts is likewise not really an upgrade as you end up with something completely different, even if it has better stats.

The idea I got from this thread was adding the ability to invest story-wise in improving a companion until they, well, improved. While just finding a rare option and clicking a button is possible, it’s not particularly interesting.

Preety much this.

I’d probably keep each level of Raven if it wasn’t for the Kindness of Ravens card bugging me to upgrade them.

The Malevolent Monkey can be upgraded to a Pentecost Ape during the Feast of the Exceptional Rose.

For a certain level of “upgrade”, you can say that the Sulky Bat “upgrades” to a Bat with Attitude, in the sense that having a Sulky Bat gives you a chance to have a “better” (i.e., more valuable) bat.

I would totally work my butt off for hours to upgrade a Sulky Bat to a Messenger Bat or something like that (and that is coming for a girl that always considers spending real money to jump any kind of grinding, because grinding is hell on earth - I grind all day to get money in the end of the month, I don’t want to grind in my free time). In fact, any upgrade on bats would be greatly appreciated. I love those tiny grumpy chittering things.

If wish I could get my mystical and devious raven advisers to give each other the time of day. A twilight raven would be a nice heir to their names.

I’m definitely in favor, though I’d only actually follow through if the new pet had best-of stats (unlikely), a new profitable card, or a new profitable action on an existing card. Collecting is all well and good, but investments need a payoff.

Actually, you only get the raven card with the Dazed Raven Advisor. I have all of the other ones apart from him, and I never see the card.

I keep one of each raven, and try not to blame my raven of unsound mind for its card antics.