UPDATED: Fallen London comes to iOS in 2015

[color=#0066ff]We’re officially developing Fallen London for iOS, for release this year!

The app will be free to play, offering in-app purchases for premium stories, actions and other delicious perks. It will sync with players’ existing Fallen London characters, and support offline play.

We’re hopeful that the iOS app will be a success, which will allow us to devote time to an Android version.

Here’s a full FAQ with more details[/color]
edited by h4nchan on 5/28/2015

I hereby nominate the Aunt, the Tiger Keeper and the Strong-backed Labour for the app icon

I already mostly play in Chrome on my iPhone, so any quality of life improvements on that will be much appreciated!

I nominate the bazaar, door or prison icon; though I suppose fanghat or the storynexus logo would be the more obvious default…

Or the elusive icon…
edited by fitz on 5/27/2015

The Exceptional Hat! The Exceptional Hat! Why does it look at us like that?

Either the Exceptional Hat or the Starveling Cat as icon!

I’d love the bazaar spires as icon…to blend into the background I already have, ay.[li]

Ah, so its not a shroom-hopping game eh?
But this is fine too, I will be waiting for the android version though.

It also might be the time for me to make that GameBoy Fallen London joke image I have been wanting to do for a while

According to some news it seems the android version is planned and should show up soon… Or something like that, it will probably be mentioned properly tomorrow

According to some news it seems the android version is planned and should show up soon… Or something like that, it will probably be mentioned properly tomorrow[/quote]

[color=#0066ff]If the iOS version is a success, we’re very hopeful that we’ll be able to make an Android version soon after.[/color]

Please tell me the iOS launch will have a corresponding story. =3

Well, as the proud owner of an iPhone, I welcome this! I recently spent a week in the hospital, and was sorely vexed at the need to fiddle my way through my daily dose of Fallen London in the tiny browser-screen on my phone. A proper app should make things much easier!

As for the icon, yeah, I bet it’s just gonna be the Exceptional Hat. I’d vote for the Spires of the Bazaar, myself, though.

I’m super excited for this! But does this mean we can buy stories/exceptional friendship/nex using Itunes Credit?

[color=#0066ff]In honesty, we don’t know for sure yet. :)[/color]

a) If Fate costs the same whether I buy it as one does currently or via an in-app purchase… does that mean I’m giving 30% of my money to Apple if I make a purchase in the iOS app and only 70% to Failbetter?
b) Why would any Londoner who wants to see the game thrive and new content out make an in-app purchase, in that case?

But overall, fantastic news that will bring even more souls to the Neath! I mean, uh (hides fork)
edited by metasynthie on 5/28/2015

According to some news it seems the android version is planned and should show up soon… Or something like that, it will probably be mentioned properly tomorrow[/quote]

[color=#0066ff]If the iOS version is a success, we’re very hopeful that we’ll be able to make an Android version soon after.[/color][/quote]

I hope we won’t have to wait for too long. :( So many users are on Android, and we always seem to get the cake last.
Great initiative anyway, I just hope Android won’t be thrown under!

[quote=metasynthie]a) If Fate costs the same whether I buy it as one does currently or via an in-app purchase… does that mean I’m giving 30% of my money to Apple if I make a purchase in the iOS app and only 70% to Failbetter?
b) Why would any Londoner who wants to see the game thrive and new content out make an in-app purchase, in that case?

But overall, fantastic news that will bring even more souls to the Neath! I mean, uh (hides fork)
edited by metasynthie on 5/28/2015[/quote]

[color=#0066ff]We haven’t got to this point in development yet, so I can’t say either way how the payments will work, for certain. [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Keep your spirifer’s fork sharp in anticipation! :)
[/color]

[color=#0066ff]If the iOS version is a success, we’re very hopeful that we’ll be able to make an Android version soon after.[/color][/quote]

I hope we won’t have to wait for too long. :( So many users are on Android, and we always seem to get the cake last.
Great initiative anyway, I just hope Android won’t be thrown under![/quote]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]It’s true that many users are on Android - most of us are. We’re very hopeful that we’ll see sufficient success on iOS to do both. [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Spare a thought for Windows Phone users, who seldom get any cake at all! :D[/color]

[quote=Hannah Flynn][color=#0066ff]We’re officially developing Fallen London for iOS, for release this year!

The app will be free to play, offering in-app purchases for premium stories, actions and other delicious perks. It will sync with players’ existing Fallen London characters, and support offline play.

We’re hopeful that the iOS app will be a success, which will allow us to devote time to an Android version.

Here’s a full FAQ with more details[/color]
edited by h4nchan on 5/28/2015[/quote]
Exciting! Although I admit I am a bit envious of my dear FL becoming more mainstream!
I wonder how will it work offline? That’s probably the most interesting bit! It basically means you’ll have to download the entire world of FL to your apple device, and performing most actions client-side.
Also, will the prices for the apple version differ from the current ones?

Great news! I hope the iOS version does very well, not only for more players but also for me on Android–I muddle through pretty well but an app tailored to the touchscreen would definitely be an improvement.