Upcoming Connected Tomb-Colonist Rework!

[color=#ff0033]Hi everyone. Just to let you know, we’re going to be implementing the changeover from Connected: Tomb-Colonists to Favours and Renown tomorrow. Further details on what this means can be found here: [/color][color=#ff0033]http://community.failbettergames.com/topic20369-favours-and-renown.aspx[/color]

[color=#ff0033]We’ll announce in this thread when we start and finish the changes![/color]
[color=#ff0033]
[/color]
[color=#ff0033]Update: Connected Tomb-Colonist has now been converted to Favours and Renowns.
[/color][color=#ff0033]
[/color]
[color=#ff0033]We’ll be in the content for a while making the changes, so there may be some slight weirdness but should all be settled by the time we’re finished. [/color]
[color=#ff0033]
[/color]
[color=#ff0033]We’ll be listening to feedback afterwards, and there may be further adjustments over the next few days as we rebalance things. [/color]
[color=#ff0033]
[/color]
[color=#ff0033]
[/color][color=#990033]
[/color]
edited by James StAnthony on 3/22/2016
edited by James StAnthony on 3/22/2016
edited by James StAnthony on 3/24/2016

[color=#ff0033]Quick update: we’ve spent some extra time preparing the changes for the rework. [/color]
[color=#ff0033]
[/color]
[color=#ff0033]As a result, we’ll be putting the changes to Connected Tomb-colonists live tomorrow![/color]

Just so you know the link in the first post is broken as there’s a span tag stuck in it.

As you are turning more amd more connections… could you change it so you get a little renown from your employer each weak? As in: Ah Konstantynopolska! She oves us, criminals favors. It would be logical to get more known too…[li]

So for example a Journalist would receive, when implemented, both Bohemian Favours and Renown? Makes sense, I like it.

Yes, but too many Renown can lock a person out of the quirk polisher (since using it when having a high renown demands a hard to gain stat). Perhaps a cap on gaining renown through weekly profession, if that suggestion is adopted.
edited by Gonen on 3/24/2016

As you can trade Favours for Renown, I think getting Favours once a week should be sufficient if you want more Renown with that faction.

Decent idea, Rysiek, but how does that map to the more…arcane Professions, such as Correspondent? Or, for that matter, Doctor or Lawyer? In addition, both the Criminal and the Widow engage in criminal activities; should you get additional renown for each?

[color=#ff0033]We’re starting making the changes to Connected Tomb-Colonist now! There may be some slight weirdness until we’re finished, so please bear with us![/color]

262 Connected is enough for

Hm. I hope it is like, cheerleader rally chant.
edited by Estelle Knoht on 3/24/2016

Trading a Collection of Curiosities for Maps now costs a Favour, but gives an Extraordinary Implication on top of the usual benefits. There is also a new option on the Bandages and Dust card to gain a Favour (not sure what purpose the Unquiet Dead, once more option serves at this point aside from a Making Waves bump).

Going Gentle: requires Favours 5, Connected Society 50 (I can’t use this yet so I haven’t seen the results)
Collection of Curousities trade in requires 1 Favour

Favour Gain:
Tomb Colonist Card: New storylet for gaining Favours at no cost
Gain at the Carnival; 1 Favour, 3 CP Renown

Hmm, this got me thinking, since this is an important ongoing change, why doesn’t someone create a wiki page for Connections revamp and starts to list all the ways to gain and spend favours and renown? That would be very helpful to navigate the changes and compile info.

I made a thread for reporting in (since this one might get cluttered fast)
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic21981-tomb-colonist-favoursrenown-gain--uses.aspx
I’ve never edited the Wiki and I’m going to only have mobile access today so the forum is easier for me.
edited by Parelle on 3/24/2016

Huh, I had about 305 Connected, and I also only got 50 renown. Is renown capped at 50? I’ll be sad if my massive Connected: The Great Game level gets squashed under a cap.
edited by geremy on 3/24/2016

[quote=geremy]Huh, I had about 305 Connected, and I also only got 50 renown. Is renown capped at 50? I’ll be sad if my massive Connected: The Great Game level gets squashed under a cap.
edited by geremy on 3/24/2016[/quote]

I had 342 and also got Renown 50.

Since you can’t actually get the stats to boost your renown above 50 the normal way, it probably is capped at 50.

I’m fairly positive it caps at 50 yeah. I’ve heard rumors to that effect for a while for criminal renown, but I am not sure if it’s a hard or soft cap though. Your experience suggests it could be a hard cap.

Edit: out of curiosity, suinicide, what stat would you need to exceed 50 normally if it were possible?
edited by NiteBrite on 3/24/2016

[color=#ff0033]As some of you have noticed, the Connected Tomb-Colonist rework is now finished and live![/color]

[quote=NiteBrite]
Edit: out of curiosity, suinicide, what stat would you need to exceed 50 normally if it were possible?
edited by NiteBrite on 3/24/2016[/quote]

It’s Renown x 6 for the stat unlock, I believe.
http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Arrange_an_escape