Unnecessary Overhaul

Greetings everyone,
I’m part of the team working on the Unnecessary Overhaul mod, which at the first release will hopefully contain the following changes:

[ul][li][color=#009900]The player ships become lighter and gain cargo space. [/color][/li][li][color=#009900]The player ships become faster (reduced Something Awaits You time to trigger to balance out).[/color][/li][li][color=#009900]Reworked the Full Power option; Now a different mechanic, conserves Fuel at the cost of decreased speed.[/color][/li][li][color=#009900]AI Ships have more tools in their arsenal and will use them more often.[/color][/li][li][color=#009900]AI Ships become faster.[/color][/li][li][color=#009900]Some monsters gain additional abilities.[/color][/li][li][color=#009900]Monsters’ abilities are used more often (eg. ramming, singing)[/color][/li][li][color=#009900]Ramming made faster and more aggressive[/color][/li][li][color=#009900]Monsters’ ranged abilities lose some cooldown and range.[/color][/li][li][color=#009900]Monsters hide and seek better and they do so faster[/color][/li][li][color=#009900]Hull Repair changed for more Hull repaired for a longer wait interval[/color][/li][li][color=#009900]At least 2 new ships[/color][/li][li][color=#009900]At least 3 new weapons[/color][/li][/ul]Please state any questions, comments and suggestions you might have, your experience and feedback are needed.
Will keep this thread updated and will provide download and install instructions once a stable version is approved. You can also follow this project on github https://github.com/Foxman8472/Zz_UnnecessaryOverhaul/

0.9 Beta release:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3hRQXAYocWZTnhRd1NfX2F3Nm8

1.0 release set to January.

Archive needs to be unpacked in C:\Users[user]\AppData\LocalLow\Failbetter Games\Sunless Sea

Enjoy and please provide feedback. It’s needed for bug fixing and to provide a better 1.0 release.
edited by Foxman8472 on 12/24/2015

Release date for 0.9 fixed at 24 December (the day before before Christmas).

You can read about the progress of the mod meta in the journal (warning, explicit content):
https://github.com/Foxman8472/Zz_UnnecessaryOverhaul/wiki/Journal
edited by Foxman8472 on 12/24/2015

Currently in midterm QA. Everything going according to schedule.

When you’re done, and you’re ready to provide download and install instructions, please include directions for installing it on a Mac as well as on a PC. It would be greatly appreciated by us Mac users.

[quote=The Infinite Bookkeeper]
When you’re done, and you’re ready to provide download and install instructions, please include directions for installing it on a Mac as well as on a PC. It would be greatly appreciated by us Mac users.[/quote]

Actually, can you help me with that, please? I don’t know any Mac users that could help me write install specs for Mac.
Here’s a link to 0.3.7 Alpha release:

Somewhere in your computer, there is a Failbetter Games folder. In that folder, there is a Sunless Sea folder that contains an empty addon folder.
On PC, the path is usually:
C:\Users*USERNAME*\AppData\LocalLow\Failbetter Games\Sunless Sea\addon

Unpack the archive there. Then you simply run the game.
edited by Foxman8472 on 11/23/2015

Yeah I’ll be able to help you with that once I get a new Mac, because I may or may not have spilled fizzy drink on my old one.

I think the install location (both on PC and Mac) is different if you have it on Steam as well?

No, the save is done on a different location from the main folder. That’s where the addon folder is.

0.9 Beta release:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3hRQXAYocWZTnhRd1NfX2F3Nm8

1.0 release set to January.

Archive needs to be unpacked in C:\Users[user]\AppData\LocalLow\Failbetter Games\Sunless Sea

Enjoy and please provide feedback. It’s needed for bug fixing and to provide a better 1.0 release.

On my Mac, the files for the non-Steam version at the very least are under ~/library/Applicaton Support/unity.failbetter.sunlesssea/ though the name for the last folder is not exact since I don’t have my computer at the moment.