Unfinished hat?

How does one start the story that grants you an unfinished hat? I am lost in the clay streets of Polthreme.

You have to get investigating up to atleast 12. The storylet’s name is A Clay Snub.

What states does it raise?

Without wanting to give too much away: it raises two of the new reputation qualities, but isn’t the only Pet to do so, and it doesn’t give a higher stat boost than you could buy at the Bazaar. So, it’s a great story, but the hat itself isn’t a must-have.

Nevada and New Mexico. You know, dangerous states.

I’m in love with mine. My clothes-colony as well. I am so pleased to have acquired my one true desire since I first set foot in the wailing streets of Polythreme.

Nevada and New Mexico. You know, dangerous states.[/quote]
Heh heh god my spelling sucks. :)

Can someone who is not a person of some importance get a clothes colony?

Hmm. To get the hat, you need a ship and therefore need to be a PoSI. But my notes on the clothes-colony indicate that it should be available to anyone, although whether you can pay the price is another matter, since it’s not an item that everyone will have, and there are no shops in Polythreme.

Dont mean to bother you but what items do i need? Thank you in advance.

A battered grey overcoat. And now, you can shop in Polythreme ^^

In the Unfinished storyline, is there a way to miss getting an unfinished hat? I don’t want to miss it, as I’m trying to get every pet available.

The final storylet will have two options - one which gives you the hat, and one which, presumably, doesn’t. Other than that, I don’t think you can go wrong.

Excellent. The starting storylet made it sound like it would be easy to miss. Thanks!

You can, but I wouldn’t. For one, taking your own ship is faster and cheaper. For two it seems like a lot of the Polythereme stuff is best saved for later when you will be begging for stuff to do. If you aren’t a PoSI yet, I wouldn’t be in such a rush for latter game content. You’ve got lots of cool storylets you’ve yet to explore so please, please, please take advantage of those before sidling over to islands beyond the Unter-Zee.

Someone without PoSI also can’t play any of the options that require 13 levels of Instestigating or Fascinating.

I am actually kind of surprised that they bothered to make the island accessible without being POSI. I wonder what’s the reason for that?

I haven’t crunched the numbers on this, but I suspect that if you’re low-level enough the payoff of even the grinding and low-level storylets in Polythreme would be very much worthwhile. It’s easy to lose track of how poor we once were! :)

I haven’t crunched the numbers on this, but I suspect that if you’re low-level enough the payoff of even the grinding and low-level storylets in Polythreme would be very much worthwhile. It’s easy to lose track of how poor we once were! :)[/quote]

I remember saving up for an Araby Fighting Weasel and thinking I had finally made it.