Unexpected Travels

I have just gone mad. However, instead of approaching my usual room at the Royal Bethlehem, I was sent to the Mirror Marshe of all places. I am…befuddled to say the least. Drat those fingerkings…

You possess Memories of Light. Possession of those diverts you to a much more colourful location, although you’ll find that some may stay behind when you leave.

Even worse, I attempted to travel to Veilgarden, and was greeted with:
“Regrettably, only Exceptional Friends may enter Veilgarden. Visit the Fate page to become an Exceptional Friend!”

And still worse, I -am- an Exceptional Friend!
edited by Brythain on 3/2/2012

[quote=Brythain]Even worse, I attempted to travel to Veilgarden, and was greeted with:
“Regrettably, only Exceptional Friends may enter Veilgarden. Visit the Fate page to become an Exceptional Friend!”

And still worse, I -am- an Exceptional Friend!
edited by Brythain on 3/2/2012[/quote]

That seems like a very strange bug. Did you report it?
I’m also an Exceptional Friend, so I went to Veilgarden to see if it would glitch in my game too, but I was able to travel normally. However, a couple of old storylets appear to have opened back up for some reason. As in, ones that unlocked when I was first playing the game and got to Persuasive 3. This isn’t the case in any of the other three starting areas. Does anyone have any clue what might be going on with Veilgarden in general?

[quote=TaraLyn]
I’m also an Exceptional Friend, so I went to Veilgarden to see if it would glitch in my game too, but I was able to travel normally. However, a couple of old storylets appear to have opened back up for some reason. As in, ones that unlocked when I was first playing the game and got to Persuasive 3. This isn’t the case in any of the other three starting areas. Does anyone have any clue what might be going on with Veilgarden in general?[/quote]

I believe it is the persuasive equivalent of Deciphering Graffiti (and by extension the Dream Journal and Recalling a Dream of other places) showing up in Ladybones Road via a old, low-level storylet.

Edit: Hm, wait, it seems to be multiple old low-leveled storylets (Ode to Empress, Celebrate Fungus in verse, that-scandalous-invite-option) rolled into one including the more recent invite options. Maybe it is just for the very persuasive to keep their poetry in shape by writing about fungi?

Or we just got lucky and get a glimpse on some sort of Neathy Urban Renewal Project concerning the starter areas.
edited by Byron Man on 3/2/2012

I got the Persuasive week-waiting thing from a rare success on one of those - the risque joke one.

There seems to be an empty option in ‘Fun with the Fisher-Kings’ in the Flit, too. And I got a rare success on a low-level Persuasive and got one of those ‘All shall be well’ things, too. No idea what its purpose is of yet.

I had just noticed the empty option in the Flit and was about to make a thread or something mentioning it. It’s really strange to suddenly see an option with nothing but ellipses.

Out of curiosity I tried the Flit option and I only got an answer consisting of ellipses too O_o The Action was spent anyway, so it’s probably best to leave it be until they fix it ^^

[color=#330099]Please could you bug report this to ebbugs@failbettergames.com[/color]

Said and done!

I needed to refresh my Dreams of Other Places last night, and did the graffiti- got what I assume was a rare success (labelled “Rare Success!” :)) that gave me the quality. So maybe it’s been relegated to a rare success to not be absurd for newbies, but having Watchful far above the expected level makes rare success nearly assured?