Underwater target selection: intentional or bug?

You can use the toggle target key to see creatures and ships on the zee floor from afar without getting close, is this working as intended?

Shhhhhhh…

I suspect it’s intended, as during the beta for a bit you could only target enemies that had noticed you already.

My test captain with ~200 Veils had to directly ram enemies before he could fight them.

[quote=Optimatum]I suspect it’s intended, as during the beta for a bit you could only target enemies that had noticed you already.

My test captain with ~200 Veils had to directly ram enemies before he could fight them.[/quote]

Oh nice, I was worried I was doing something unintended by the developers. Thanks for the reply

If anyone has any evidence to contradict this please speak up, but if this is the only answer from a beta tester than I am going to assume it is correct.

To clarify, I’m not sure it’s intended per se. My guess is that combat previously needed the monsters to notice your zub as an attempt to prevent targeting things out of sight, but it didn’t work with high Veils, so they removed that mechanic. I don’t know if they considered that it’s possible to autotarget invisible enemies as well as click on ones you’ve noticed.