Undecided on a candidate? Sell your votes!

So, last year, someone who was disillusioned with the 3 candidates on offer decided to make a thread doing something entirely unexpected: selling their votes to the highest bidder. I figured it was a good idea, and decided to reintroduce the idea. I’m going to add a couple of rules to avoid unsavory things or whatnot however.

1: First one is obvious: be civil, be polite, be honorable. (Or as honorable as vote buying can get anyway). If you are offered a deal and take it, do the honorable thing and keep your end of the bargin. Do not be rude or insulting when making a purchase ETC ETC. (I’m sure I do not need to tell you all this, but I will do so anyway.)

2: On the topic of any &quotReal Money&quot offers: First of all, I’d suggest not doing this in the first place. For one thing, it might make some feel guilty depending on what is offered. For another, it might be a grey area I’m not too sure. If you do decide to do this, be aware that there may be jerks out there who decide to swindle you out of your money by changing to the candidate and then going to a new one or something. In short: this is a difficult topic, be aware of what you are doing and what can happen.

3: YOU MUST PROVIDE PROOF YOU HAVE SWITCHED TO THE CANDIDATE YOU WERE BROUGHT FOR. I would suggest holding off on payment untill evidence is provided. A screenshot would be best. Ideally, provide evidence of your level of influence as well so people know what they are buying.

4: This is really more of a side thing rather then a actual rule… but I’d suggest getting creative with your bribes. I’m not sure how though. Maybe offer something outside election social actions? I don’t know. Just be inventive with your bribes I guess.

I also wish to say that currently my vote is not on the market. I must do some investigating first.
edited by Kylestien on 6/27/2017

Alright, might as well meddle here.

I’m buying voters for the Dauntless Temperance Campaigner
at one shipment of 30 First City Coins a voter.
I’ll take proof first, and offer payment immediately afterwards.

Send me a private message on the forum to conduct business.

I am currently supporting a campaign, but I have no real stake in this farcical shadow-play. I am operating purely for profit, to further another cause and as such am quite happy to switch sides for a price.

My price?

I would like an Owl, and a useful Cart,
And a pound of Rice, and a Cranberry Tart,
And a hive of silvery Bees.
And I’d like a Pig, and some green Jack-daws,
And a lovely Monkey with lollipop paws,
And forty bottles of Ring-Bo-Ree,
And no end of Stilton Cheese.

We shall yet be free of light and laws.

How about 30 First City Coins? Best I can do is 30 First City Coins.

Nice to see that somebody had continued the tradition of Serpentine Arrangements from last year.

I am willing to offer 60 First City Coins for someone’s continued support of the Implacable Detective.

I willing to add the following to Mr. Nonexus’ offer (numbers in parentheses reflect the number of each reward that is available):

• 30 first city coins (1)
  • A Starveling Cat (1)
  • A shared bottle of Greyfields 1868 First Sporing (2)
  • A shared bottle of Black Wings Absinthe (1)
  • A gift of jewels (2)
  • A gift of the unexpected (2)
  • Future favours, in the form of assistance, invitations, or menace reduction (unlimited)
    Please mention which rewards you desire when you inform me of your change. The number of items will be proportional to the level of your election career so please attach that as well.

Alas, I have somewhat changed it this year hence a different name. No Serpents or snakes involved, just simple vote bartering by honest men and women of this grand city.

Unless of course your offer somehow involves serpents or snakes obviously.

I am very entertained that such a thread as this exists!

Isn’t it a bit early to be asking for proof of influence? I forget how quickly it rose last year.

[quote=Mycroft Tennyson]I willing to add the following to Mr. Nonexus’ offer (numbers in parentheses reflect the number of each reward that is available):

• A Starveling Cat (1)
  • A gift of jewels (2)
  • Future favours, in the form of assistance, invitations, or menace reduction (unlimited)
    Please mention which rewards you desire when you inform me of your change. The number of items will be proportional to the level of your election career so please attach that as well.[/quote]

You absolute madman.

Anne Auclair is prepared to provide patronage to any new players willing to vote for the Campaigner.

In the true spirit of the free market I am very willing to accept bribes for supporting Feducci (who I am already supporting). :)

[quote=Vavakx Nonexus]Nice to see that somebody had continued the tradition of Serpentine Arrangements from last year.

I am willing to offer 60 First City Coins for someone’s continued support of the Implacable Detective.[/quote]

[quote=Vavakx Nonexus][quote=Mycroft Tennyson]I willing to add the following to Mr. Nonexus’ offer (numbers in parentheses reflect the number of each reward that is available):

• A Starveling Cat (1)
  • A gift of jewels (2)
    Please mention which rewards you desire when you inform me of your change. The number of items will be proportional to the level of your election career so please attach that as well.[/quote]

You absolute madman.[/quote]
I’ll also throw my hat into this for the Detective! Here’s what I have to offer in the way of payment:

• 30 first city coins (3)
  • A Starveling Cat (3)
  • Mr Eaten’s Calling Card? (1)
  • An unwrapped cat (7)
  • A shared bottle of Greyfields 1868 First Sporing (4)
  • A shared bottle of Black Wings Absinthe (11)
  • Promise of future assistance, invitations, or menace reduction
  • Full or partial payment for campaigner donations
  • Acceptance of Calling Cards or Request for Shadowy Patronage [DISCLAIMER: my messages are currently glitched and unable to accept such requests, so payment will only be delivered after Failbetter support fixes the issue]

Send me a pm and we’ll negotiate which one or more of the above options you wish as payment.
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 6/28/2017

If anyone is interested I am also willing to provide payment for votes. I will provide these for anyone willing to vote for the detective.

• 30 first city coins (4)
  • A Starveling Cat (2)
  • A shared bottle of Greyfields 1868 First Sporing (22)
  • A shared bottle of Black Wings Absinthe (9)
  • Full or partial payment for campaigner donations
    -And Persuasive patronage.
    Please just send me a message in game and we can discuss payment.

Let’s do this, then. If any of you are willing to switch your vote to the Detective, PM me with an idea for a badly drawn MS Paint artwork and I will draw it for you on my free time. The request can be as detailed or as sparse as you want, and I’ll draw it with a mouse to the best of my abilities, but the fact that it’s going to be badly drawn cannot be overstated.

It has to be (somewhat) safe for work and it might be better if it’s related to Fallen London, but other than that, go nuts. I might update this post with whatever misbegotten drawing I produce if any of you are crazy enough to actually want this, unless you somehow also want it to be private.

I have no material wealth, but I have dedication and a misdeveloped sense of art, and dadgummit I’ll use them to get my candidate that mayoral seat.

EDIT: Also maybe take up on the offer of my wealthier colleagues while you’re at it too, this is more like a terrible bonus for your vote-switching experience.
edited by Dungerson on 6/28/2017
edited by Dungerson on 6/28/2017

Just thought I would revive this for anyone interested due to new revelations.

With the end of the election soon upon us, I’d like to remind any non-committed voters of this thread. I’m willing to offer any of my previously noted bargaining chips for any Feducci supporters to switch to the Campaigner or the Detective. We can work out which candidate and what you want in a pm, just message me and we’ll discuss the details.

This is a great idea, and I’m stealing it, being dirt-poor on FL these days (SMEN hurts. also financially). Anyone wanting a free art, last-minute switch to Feducci and PM me, and you’ll receive one free coloured sketch, from me, drawn with me left hand just to be fair to other artists of all levels. Not MS Paint though. Not masochist enough for that ;)

[color=#333333]I can’t believe there’s a bribe market. but I can. isn’t this great?[/color]

Vote for Feduchini.

vote for the man who wears Gucci[color=#666666]™[/color][color=#666666] [/color]bandages

edit: also, it’s Fettuccine, so jot that down…- ;)
edited by gronostaj on 7/9/2017

If there are any Feducci supporters willing to sell their votes to the Campaigner at the last minute for a really big payoff, please talk to The Soft-Hearted Revolutionary.