Unable to share honey with the princess?

The feast has just started and I was planning to get a Dreadful Surmise (for Christmas later this year) from sharing honey with the princess:
https://fallenlondon.fandom.com/wiki/Share_a_little_honey_with_the_Captivating_Princess
But when I drawed the card I was unable to do so since I got &quotAcquaintance: the Captivating Princess&quot from last year’s Advent Calendar. Is there any way to remove this quality?
(I posted this on Reddit too)

I was wondering if anything was going to be done about this too. I’ve never been able to play this option and now it seems like I never will because of this stupid trap option on the advent calendar.
I guess from now on I will create alts before clicking access codes if we’re going to get permanent negative consequences like this from them.

For reasons like that, I usually check the wiki before using any of the calendar windows, or use an alt I’m not overly concerned with.

Too bad that people who don’t would get punished like this in the first place, though. Especially the beginning players, who wouldn’t yet know to be careful…

[color=#e53e00]Hello!
James is implementing a work around for this, as we don’t want you to miss out![/color]

Could you please post which solution will be implemented, as I am interested in this too?

[quote=babelfishwars][color=#e53e00]Hello![/color]
[color=#e53e00]James is implementing a work around for this, as we don’t want you to miss out![/color][/quote]Gotta love FBG!
Here’s an advent calendar which increases a one-time quality.
Wooow, maybe we’ll be able to reach level 2!
Neat, ey?

Can’t get a Surmise now!
Bam, FBG comes with a solution for their fans!
edited by Skinnyman on 2/7/2019

Thank you FBG.

Well I’m one of the new players that fell for the advent calendar, but what’s up with that Acquaintance raised to 2? Did FB actually change something in the last few hours, or what has transpired? I’d of course love to redeem my curiousity during winter…

[quote=silurica]Thank you FBG.[/quote]To level 2? Uhuuuu!
EDIT: Guess it’s done via the card with same Air options?
edited by Skinnyman on 2/7/2019

[quote=Siegron]Well I’m one of the new players that fell for the advent calendar, but what’s up with that Acquaintance raised to 2? Did FB actually change something in the last few hours, or what has transpired? I’d of course love to redeem my curiousity during winter…[/quote]This FotR option is originally the only way to get the acquaintance with the Princess. It’s also the only non-Fate/SMEN way to get a Dreadful Surmise, which makes it kind of a big deal. As you saw in Advent Calendar last year, they gave out the quality (and only the quality), apparently without realizing about how it’d interact with this FotR option. As a workaround for that, now the option only locks when you have Acquaintance: the Captivating Princess 2 instead of the previous lower lock of 1.

[quote=Skinnyman]EDIT: Guess it’s done via the card with same Air options?[/quote]Indeed.
edited by silurica on 2/7/2019

Interesting. Does the encounter now immediately set the value to 2, then? So as to prevent doing it more than once.

Well I just did it on my own and it went from 1 to 1.5 levels. That really does raise the question of whether it’s possible to do so twice by those who have not yet met the princess previously!

My prediction, if they want to keep consistency, is to not have the Advent Calendar raise Acquaintance: The Captivating Princess next year and then change the requirement back to Acquaintance 1. That way, there will be a few people with Acquaintance 2 as a souvenir, but we return to the one-time nature of the event (since Dreadful Surmises are incredibly rare).

FBG have confirmed that next year the option’s requirement will go back down to having no more than 1 in the quality. The change in the unlock requirements is just for this year.

Neat. Looking forward to the meeting.

[quote=silurica]

Thank you FBG.[/quote]

Not only that. This is now possible:

One who has Indulged in Unknown Pleasures has increased to 4!

Confirmed that you can get a second Dreadful Surmise if you’ve played this option in a previous year.

[quote=dov]Not only that. This is now possible:

One who has Indulged in Unknown Pleasures has increased to 4![/quote]
Without Fate, yes. Raising the quality beyond what Nemesis gives in itself was already possible with an ES

[quote=silurica][quote=dov]Not only that. This is now possible:

One who has Indulged in Unknown Pleasures has increased to 4![/quote]
Without Fate, yes. Raising the quality beyond what Nemesis gives in itself was already possible with an ES[/quote]
But by how much? I assume you mean Stepped in Honey, which I did play.

[quote=silurica]Without Fate, yes. Raising the quality beyond what Nemesis gives in itself was already possible with an ES[/quote]More details, please! Preferably if you remember which option.

EDIT: So to level 3+1 from ambition, another CP from meeting the princess first time, ES and now this option. Got this correct?
edited by Skinnyman on 2/9/2019