Unable to obtain more crew members

How do I obtain more crew members? I bought a new ship but the recruitment storylet in FL won’t let me recruit above the maximum 10, making the ship only able to travel at half speed.

Sorry if this has already been answered.

As of the moment the game is a tad bonkers, it will take some time for the system to register that you have a bigger crew limit. In the mean time, you can recruit the final 5 crew members by triggering the &quotrecruitment event&quot in London, which almost always happens when you are below the half-way threshold.

Basically, slowly steam to the Hunters Keep Dock or the Lightship of Rowen’s Point and back to London and you should be able to recruit 1 crew member instead of an officer. Do this until you get to half (15 if the Caligo merchant for example) then just avoid losing crew members until the port updates. I recommend just trading between London and Venderblight, because at 15 you are 1 misstep away from becoming a floating cow at sea. And be careful about terror, can’t have someone throwing themselves into the zee in the middle of a voyage - always use &quotRecent News&quot at the Lightships to reduce terror by 2 during trade runs between London and Venderblight and kill the odd bat when needed.

That’s all I have, maybe someone else knows a better way?

edited by Owen Wulf on 6/23/2014

[quote=Owen Wulf]
Basically, slowly steam to the Hunters Keep Dock or the Lightship of Rowen’s Point and back to London and you should be able to recruit 1 crew member instead of an officer. Do this until you get to half (15 if the Caligo merchant for example) then just avoid losing crew members until the port updates. I recommend just trading between London and Venderblight, because at 15 you are 1 misstep away from becoming a floating cow at sea. And be careful about terror, can’t have someone throwing themselves into the zee in the middle of a voyage - always use &quotRecent News&quot at the Lightships to reduce terror by 2 during trade runs between London and Venderblight and kill the odd bat when needed. [/quote]

Thank you for the help! I’ll do that until things get patched up.

I’m at 10 crew out of 40 (splurged on the Eschatologue), I’ve been to the lightship and back twice and to Polythreme once, and it still won’t let me recruit more. :(

How in the name of all things dark and salty did you get enough echos to buy that monster?

obviously through blood, sweat, tears and beautiful blackmails

By exploiting the bug that makes the Blind Bruiser give you 200 echoes over and over and over and over and over again. :)

I trust that you feel appropriately cheap :-P. The money curve is nonlinear, though: took me forever to grind for the dreadnaught, but now a voyage can easily bring in 10K Echoes or more.

I found out that if you attack ships, take them back to Fallen London, recruit people to replace the ones you “lost”, and then go get them from your lodging it also helps.

When I upgraded my ship, I found that just exiting the game and starting back up again caused it to register the new crew limit and let me recruit.

This worked for me.