Unable to link Fallen London to Sunless Sea

I just got into Sunless Sea in earnest (was waiting for a good sale on Zubmariner) and have read that I should create and link a Fallen London account for the most benefit. In the current game client (2.2.2.3130) I am unable to link my Fallen London account to Sunless Sea. In the options>account authentication menu I just get the error that I need to use the latest game client. I’ve tried updating to the Unity steam beta, but have the same issue, so I downgraded back to stable.

Thank you for any help, I’d just really like that whisper locked box…

I recommend contacting support at sunlesssea@failbettergames.com

[quote=TheScaryOne]I just got into Sunless Sea in earnest (was waiting for a good sale on Zubmariner) and have read that I should create and link a Fallen London account for the most benefit. In the current game client (2.2.2.3130) I am unable to link my Fallen London account to Sunless Sea. In the options>account authentication menu I just get the error that I need to use the latest game client. I’ve tried updating to the Unity steam beta, but have the same issue, so I downgraded back to stable.

Thank you for any help, I’d just really like that whisper locked box…[/quote]

Hey mate!
I had the same problem, and I think I just solved it.

1. Go here: https://www.failbettergames.com/fallen-london/

2. Click on Play for free

3. Sign up and create an account

4. If you are connected to the game - disconnect and reconnect

5. Try to authenticate again - it should work and you should get a sign in screen

6. If you do, sign in with the account you created at the link above

7. Have fun :)

I already created the account and have the whisper locked box in fallen london. I am working on the Wolfstack docks opportunity and getting a Parabolan Kitten. I guess I will have to wait until Christmas for the Sacksmas stuff.

Whenever I open Sunless Sea and go to Optiions>Authenticate (where I should be able to put in my Fallen London info) and I get an “Outdated Version” error. I have tried updating to the Beta and downgrading to the non-Zubmariner clients and still get the same error persistently.

i’ve been having the same problem. i just bought Sunless Seas on steam, i want to account management to link it to my Fallen London account and it tells me that the version i just downloaded from steam is out of date and needs updating but according to steam no updates are available.

[color=#cc0099]Hello! Not being able to link your Fallen London account to Sunless Sea is due to preparations on our end to put a new build live later this week.

The build includes mostly bug and typo fixes, but involves some content, which is why it’s currently not an option to fully update on Steam. As soon as the build goes out on Wednesday 6th June, this should be fixed![/color]
edited by Absintheuse on 6/4/2018

[quote=Absintheuse][color=#cc0099]The build includes mostly bug and typo fixes, but involves some content[/color][/quote]NEW SUNLESS SEA CONTENT!?!? :)

[color=#cc0099]Something quite small, though we hope it will delight you all[/color]

[color=#cc0099]Something quite small, though we hope it will delight you all[/color][/quote]
Hope that day has arrived! :)

The promised Blemmigans hopefully :)

Still no dice and unable to authenticate. Any ideas?

Hello,

I am having this same problem currently. Just updated Sunless Sea to V2.2.7.3165 from V2.2.6.3150 and was unable to link Fallen London to Sunless Sea under either version. I did just send an email to Support at Failbetter about this before finding this thread.

I received a response from Failbetter Games. Metaqualities like the Whisper-Locked Box won’t add to saved games. They should appear when you start a new game.

I gotta ask, is this linking only available to Sunless Sea, and not Sunless Skies? I understand that Sunless Skies is set in a later timeframe, but just wanted to be certain.

Edit:
Also, my Fallen London account has &quotMetaqualities: Sunless Sea&quot, and I assume this means I have already linked these accounts in the past? I just can’t remember doing this so I’m not absolutely sure.
edited by Vegeir on 6/26/2019

Yes and yes.

I have a question. Years ago, I played the storylet in Fallen London (I believe it’s the one that gives you your first Soothe & Cooper long box) that is supposed to link your Sunless Sea account to your Fallen London account. I only just bought Sunless Sea this weekend. How do I know if my accounts are properly linked? If they are, what benefit should I see in Sunless Sea?

[quote=Catherine Raymond]How do I know if my accounts are properly linked? If they are, what benefit should I see in Sunless Sea?[/quote]Your Sunless Sea character should have a Whisper-Locked Puzzle-Box.

While you unlock the metaqualities through playing Fallen London, syncing Sunless Sea to your character is done through SSea itself.

Depending on which options you’ve played in FL, your SSea characters can start with: a Parabolan Kitten, a Parabolan Panther, a Long-Box, the Puzzle-Box, and a London storylet for bonus Secrets.

Looked this up in the Sunless Sea wiki and think I have my answer. Thanks!
edited by Catherine Raymond on 6/23/2020

While you unlock the metaqualities through playing Fallen London, syncing Sunless Sea to your character is done through SSea itself.

Depending on which options you’ve played in FL, your SSea characters can start with: a Parabolan Kitten, a Parabolan Panther, a Long-Box, the Puzzle-Box, and a London storylet for bonus Secrets.[/quote]

Thanks!