Uber Goat Acquiston

[li]
How in the world does one get to making 1.785 echoes per action? The most profitable method I know of is using The Affair of the Box on the revolutionaries’ side for ~1.6 e/a.[/quote] What do you mean by revolutionaries’ side? I thought the Kingmaker’s option is pretty apolitical (it can be increased for supporting both sides)…

[/li]

If you chose the conscience of empire, one of the rebel support actions provides correspondence plaques. You can still do it if you sided with the masters I believe, it just raises your turncoat pseudo-menace.

Or the Cave of the Nadir, though that’s a bit unreliable.

[li]

Not likely to draw that card 144 times in a day, though.[/quote]You only need to draw it slightly more than four times every day to complete each 35 Action cycle. But that’s a fair point, as you’re only likely to draw it maybe once every day, on average. If you draw a lot of cards that is, and don’t just check in every 6 hours to spend your 36-40 Actions from an Exceptional Friendship. Then it’s harder to get any specific card.

If you’re only grinding for goats on the side, while doing other stuff as well, then it works out rather nicely. It’s how I approach just about every Fallen London activity. They’re all Marathons of one variety or another, so I try to go for maximum efficiency instead of maximum effectiveness. Instead of single-mindedly heading towards one goal while excluding all others, I try to identify and pounce on the best opportunities that come along. And then, when I need something special, well, look what accumulated in the corner while I was mostly doing something else? Echoes! Resources! An Overgoat? Well, no. Not yet…

For a grind which doesn’t rely on cards there is the University investigation used to raid message drops in the Flit. It gives about 1.78 Echoes per Action. But I guess a lot of people who might consider getting an Übergoat would’ve already completed the University tales and lost access to the investigation storylet. But if not, there’s the repeatable grind that’s better than any other. Unless you want to increase a stat that isn’t Watchful while making your Echoes. It’s not very good for that. ;)

[quote=Gillsing][quote=Shadowhand][quote=Sara Hysaro]
For a grind which doesn’t rely on cards there is the University investigation used to raid message drops in the Flit. It gives about 1.78 Echoes per Action. But I guess a lot of people who might consider getting an Übergoat would’ve already completed the University tales and lost access to the investigation storylet. But if not, there’s the repeatable grind that’s better than any other. Unless you want to increase a stat that isn’t Watchful while making your Echoes. It’s not very good for that. ;)[/quote]

What level of Tales locks that storylet? I’m thinking of getting to 25 (so I can use it for PoSI acquisition) and then not taking the final step to expulsion so I can keep visiting (at least, until I KNOW I can easily complete the expedition thingy to regain access). But if 25 Tales locks the investigation storylets, I might ought to consider a different path to Importance. :)

I think that it locks after advancing to 24, since you don’t need any Investigating to progress after playing 23.

Darn, looks like I’ll have to take another alternate path to PoSI. :( Since I don’t want to take the Dangerous route and am not ready to get evicted from Court, either, I guess that leaves the Cheesemonger. Oh, well, the deck doesn’t seem to hate me SO much these days, maybe I’ll actually draw the cards I need for that when I want them. :/

Not likely to draw that card 144 times in a day, though.[/quote]You only need to draw it slightly more than four times every day to complete each 35 Action cycle. But that’s a fair point, as you’re only likely to draw it maybe once every day, on average. If you draw a lot of cards that is, and don’t just check in every 6 hours to spend your 36-40 Actions from an Exceptional Friendship. Then it’s harder to get any specific card.[/quote]

Right, I understand now. I’d never played that option on the Tomb Colonists’ card before, (because those trade-ins are usually a rip-off) so I didn’t have any clue.

[li]