Uber Goat Acquiston

Hello,[li]

Recently I found out about the Uber Goat. Naturally I want one. I have no idea how to acquire it. As it is a fate item the wiki provides little help. If someone could point me in the right direction I’d be much obliged.

Start with getting a second Overgoat. From there, trust the will of your goats. An opportunity will arise.

EDIT: I stand corrected about the Fate requirement. I was going by what I’ve remembered from the forum discussion on this when the option was discovered.

While I don’t have one myself (too expensive, yet), I believe that the recipe is to buy two &quotregular&quot Overgoats from the Bazaar (yes, that’s 11.7K echoes each) and then breed them via an option the Overgoat opportunity card.[li]
[/li]
edited by dov on 2/27/2014

It costs 1 Fate if I’m not mistaken.

Wrong! You need exactly one point of Fate to make the magic happen.

TWO OVER GOATS?!?!!!?!?

There is no god. ._.[li]

A wise POSI once told me that BDR items are needed in ones journey. So what better companion to gain BDR with than the Ubergoat?

Anyways, how many days (or months) of Non-Fate grinding is needed to gain one of them?

About 6.67 weeks per goat if you spend all 144 Actions per day making 1.785 Echoes per Action. Double the time if you spend half your actions doing other stuff. And add more time for missing Actions due to occasionally being away from the game.

[li]
Thanks! I’m feeling optimistic that I can get an audience with their Caprine authority in a few months to a year. For now, I should focus on getting items that enhance echo-grinding like Gang of Hoodlums

[quote=Branden Linton]TWO OVER GOATS?!?!!!?!?

There is no god. ._.[li][/quote]

Of course there is. It’s name is Übergoat![/li]

[quote=Pyrodinium]A wise POSI once told me that BDR items are needed in ones journey. So what better companion to gain BDR with than the Ubergoat?

Anyways, how many days (or months) of Non-Fate grinding is needed to gain one of them?[/quote]

[li]
There are a lot of sources of BDR and the goats are by far the most difficult to get (barring seasonal items). I would focus on getting POSI items like transports and clubs first. You also don’t need the theoretical max BDR to get along. Right now you only really need notability 5 for the top jobs, and thats easily achievable with some posi items and clothes. Beyond that, there are only a handfull of challenges that directly need one of the bdr stats.

Yeah, I imagine that the only things you need goats for is ‘buccaneering’ expeditions without using Sudden Insights (which I have too many of anyway), and getting really high levels in a Scholar of the Correspondence. Getting to Notability 5 is incredibly easy now. Getting to 7 isn’t that much harder, which is what you need to trade in five Tears of the Bazaar. Takes a lot longer to get those.

[quote=Pyrodinium]For now, I should focus on getting items that enhance echo-grinding like Gang of Hoodlums[/quote]Oh, if only my Gang of Hoodlums enhanced my Echo-grinding. All they do is dilute my deck and make it a tiny bit less likely that I’ll draw Call in favours in the Flit. And they are of no help Playing the Game at Wilmot’s End. I guess they’d be useful during heists, but heists don’t seem that useful to me. Not for Echoes anyway. And they could help out with the occasional Dreaded challenge. Like the one that can appear during a heist… Yeah, maybe I shouldn’t have gotten myself a Gang of Hoodlums after all. But I spent all that time as an Enforcer just so I could collect Use of Villains, because someone said that any ‘respectable’ PoSI should have a Gang of Hoodlums. :/: ;)

[quote=Elene][quote=Pyrodinium]A wise POSI once told me that BDR items are needed in ones journey. So what better companion to gain BDR with than the Ubergoat?

Anyways, how many days (or months) of Non-Fate grinding is needed to gain one of them?[/quote]

[li]
There are a lot of sources of BDR and the goats are by far the most difficult to get (barring seasonal items). I would focus on getting POSI items like transports and clubs first. You also don’t need the theoretical max BDR to get along. Right now you only really need notability 5 for the top jobs, and thats easily achievable with some posi items and clothes. Beyond that, there are only a handfull of challenges that directly need one of the bdr stats.[/quote]

[/li][li]Gameplay-wise yes that is true. I have actually collected some BDR items and will continue to do so. I’ll only set aside a goat fund for it. My reasons for getting the Ubergoat is more about &quotBecause it’s awesome&quot rather than &quotbecause it can help me in the game&quot.[/li][li]

[quote=Gillsing]Yeah, I imagine that the only things you need goats for is ‘buccaneering’ expeditions without using Sudden Insights (which I have too many of anyway), and getting really high levels in a Scholar of the Correspondence. Getting to Notability 5 is incredibly easy now. Getting to 7 isn’t that much harder, which is what you need to trade in five Tears of the Bazaar. Takes a lot longer to get those.

[li]
Perhaps it’s just a difference of tastes I guess. I do enjoy the Heists due to its flavor and ‘well planned villany’ (unchecked +3 casing CP/action). It also helped me get a stylish room courtesy of Feducci. I really liked the ambiance at Wilmot’s End but my rather unimpressive stats made the grinding rather expensive due to menaces (I did gain lots of stats from there though).

Is the Heptagoat still m.i.a.?

[li]
How in the world does one get to making 1.785 echoes per action? The most profitable method I know of is using The Affair of the Box on the revolutionaries’ side for ~1.6 e/a.

I think the Collection of Curiosity trade in on the Tomb-Colonist is that lucrative.

The Gang of Hoodlums card isn’t that bad. It has a 1.5 echoes/action option.

Not likely to draw that card 144 times in a day, though. And how the devil does one acquire that many Devilbone Dice?
[li]

You get the Collections of Curiosities through the War of Assassins.