Try Sunless Sea for free this weekend!

[color=#0066ff]Try Sunless Sea for free on Steam right now!

We’re celebrating Sunless Sea’s first birthday with all sorts of activities, starting with a free trial weekend!

The Steam Free Weekend is an opportunity for you to try out the game with no cost. If you’ve been unable to have a shot at zailing until now, this is your chance! The free play ends at 1pm PST on 31st January. Sunless Sea is also 40% off for the duration of the weekend (the discount will end at 10am PST on the 1st of February)!

Word of mouth is vital to us, as it is to all of your favourite indie studios. If you’ve played Sunless Sea and enjoyed it, please take a moment to share this post: Tweet a couple of friends who you know would enjoy it. Post your most nail-biting zee experience. Whisper feverishly into a conch and hurl it off a pier. Everything helps.

New in Sunless Sea: The Rose-Market

Collectors and eccentrics gather on Roser’s Wharf, eager to buy curiosities from returning zee-captains. Can you navigate the market’s archaic customs and turn a profit?

The Rose-Market appears irregularly in London, and offers an unpredictable opportunity to earn a good price for many less-used items.

In addition, after your captain has some zeefaring experience, new options will open on ten islands, allowing you to explore some of the stranger customs of the unterzee and exchange lesser items for more valuable ones. The items you can earn are - coincidentally! - popular among Rose-Market collectors.

Steam trading cards and badges

By popular demand, Sunless Sea now has Steam trading cards and badges! Scholars of the Correspondence will be very interested to discover the badges, as each is a sigil with a corresponding definition. We look forward to seeing you all discover them together!

[/color]

[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
A Year at Zee! We can hardly believe it. Thank you for your support, and we hope you’ll enjoy what we have coming for you in the next year![/color]
edited by h4nchan on 1/28/2016

Congratulations everyone! Here’s to another year of ramming crabs and kissing likely lasses.

Congrats, and thanks for adding new content! Can’t wait to play it.

Could anyone tell me some of the islands where the changes took place? I’m not sure if the mod I have is compatible with new updates yet.

Success, I’ve done my part and convinced at least one new person to take advantage of this offer and try sunless sea for free this weekend. Bonus: I stopped another person from rage quitting by explaining advanced cash speed run tactics. Now if only my desktop wasn’t fried, I could retrieve the updated beginners guide I recorded the other week and upload it.

I’ve just signed up for the free weekend with the intent of starting on merciful mode, but I guess I’m just missing where that setting is as I can’t for the life of me find it.

Figured I’d get this sorted before setting out, but is this perhaps then a setting you can only change once the game is underway?

Update: Never mind, figured it out once I got started in the game, now onward to my watery death.
edited by easytarget on 1/29/2016