Try luck with Fidgiting Writer?

Okay, so after goodness knows how many tries (Not consecutive though, we are talking over a long time) I FINALLY got a Courcating Soul from that storyline. And now I’m thinking &quotI want to try my luck more! MUST GET MANY OF THEM!&quot I mean sure it’s no Seeking, but It is annoying to lose it all on some steps. I think I’d have flipped my lid if I had lost on Lens Of Black Glass, but now I know it’s possible. Unlikely, but possible.

You guys got any advice on this matter? I mean it makes a nice change from other grinds, but I can see myself getting frustrated on losing to a higher step. Any advice to both enable this and keep anger down?

You can stack the various steps to reduce the emotional impact each individual failure has on you. That’s basically the only thing I can think of that helps with this storyline.

I currently have 154 Corruscating Souls acquired this way. I generally convert them in batches of 100 so that I usually end up with a few souls out of it (two usually; it’s weird how consistently it’s 2). Some people convert them in chunks of 1000. Ultimately, the chunk size doesn’t matter. Just pick one that sets the right pace for you. When you factor in the time to get the resources this probably isn’t the best grind but it’s a good one and it’s easy to do.

Thank you both for the advice.

A Individual: I’m assuming converting 100 takes 100 actions, since I see no “Turn 100 Tales into 100 Deja Vu” options? DX

Yep, it’s one action for each individual step. Which is a bit tedious, but if it were just one luck check that could potentially eat all 100 of X stage I don’t think I’d have the heart to deal with the possible failure on that.

[quote=Kylestien]Thank you both for the advice.

A Individual: I’m assuming converting 100 takes 100 actions, since I see no &quotTurn 100 Tales into 100 Deja Vu&quot options? DX[/quote]

Yup. It takes a while to take them the whole way but it’s less frustrating than doing it one at a time and fast enough that I don’t get bored doing the exact same thing for a whole week.

I wouldn’t aspire to those numbers as a relatively new player, so I do them in batches of 5-10. It still helps with the inevitable losses, and sometimes luck runs the right way.

I did it for a month or two before I got bored and decided to seek an Impossible Theorem instead. The odds do work out if you mass-convert Tales of Terror, but it certainly feels bad when you start off with 100 Tales and end up with nothing but wasted time. I’ve been doing the Affair of the Box carousel to grind echoes instead, because it at least feels like I’m making progress (and I’m pretty sure it’s more profitable anyway).

[quote=JimmyTMalice]I’ve been doing the Affair of the Box carousel to grind echoes instead, because it at least feels like I’m making progress (and I’m pretty sure it’s more profitable anyway).[/quote]There’s a spreadsheet for that! (Answer: depends if you have the materials on hand or not.)