To kill the Eater-of-Chains

That damned hound has haunted my nightmares for months on end, chasing me, nipping at my heels, biting my very arm! The wound of my dream festers and bleeds even now and the sun begins to set. The cards say that the Hound of Heaven might have an answer for me but where would I acquire such a creature? And is this something someone’s already overcome

In short, I’ve got my marked by the Eater of Chains to 8 and I don’t know how to get higher. I want to mount that damn things head on my mantle if at all possible but the opportunity cards only tell me the hound of heaven can help. Couldn’t find a forum post so here’s this. Help?

The Hound of Heaven is the ultimate goal of the non-Fatelocked Labyrinth of Tigers storyline that takes place in the fourth coil.

THANKS!

Repercussions of such an act would be… severe…

Perhaps an understanding can be reached instead?

Like London itself, the Eater only seeks to throw off the traitorous chains which bind it…

more practically speaking it’s an opportunity card at Dangerous 105:

http://echobazaar.wikidot.com/bronze-bordered-cards

[quote=]so i’ve found the eater’s true form in the shuttered palace ,and not through the very random cards.

why can’t i kill it for real?!? i don’t mind getting banned from the ******. wished there was high shadowy option to replace the &quoteater&quot IRL with a similar animal, and send off the real &quoteater&quot in a box to the iron republic for shits and giggles.[/quote]

[li]
You wouldn’t be banned from the SP. You’d be tossed into New Newgate or some similar facility, locked in a room without a window, and have several dozen guards patrolling your room at all times. And even if you escaped, you’d be unable to participate in any action requiring you to talk to someone who likes the Traitor Empress. Connected: Society would be permanently locked at 0. And your suspicion would be set at 7, with even one change point resulting in you being re-incarcerated immediately, under the same conditions from which you escaped.

So basically, they’d have to ruin the game for anyone who tried.

[quote=Snowskeeper]You wouldn’t be banned from the SP. You’d be tossed into New Newgate or some similar facility, locked in a room without a window, and have several dozen guards patrolling your room at all times. And even if you escaped, you’d be unable to participate in any action requiring you to talk to someone who likes the Traitor Empress. Connected: Society would be permanently locked at 0. And your suspicion would be set at 7, with even one change point resulting in you being re-incarcerated immediately, under the same conditions from which you escaped.

So basically, they’d have to ruin the game for anyone who tried.[/quote]That would indeed ruin anyone’s day.

However:

Since the puppy only temporarily becomes the Eater-Of-Chains when it’s asleep. Perhaps, inducing a longer sleep (a.k.a. death) will permanently loosen its chains in the dream world instead. Being unable to return to its rather pampered existence in real life would make the canine even more savage than before. Relocating the pup would also be a bad idea since the Eater’s reach isn’t locked by geographical limitations anyways

edited by Pyrodinium on 2/14/2014
edited by Pyrodinium on 2/14/2014
edited by Flyte on 2/14/2014

how about feeding it the leathean leaves to make it forget that it was ever the “eater”?

alternatively do drownies actually sleep? if they don’t, is it possible to turn a dog into a drownie?

[quote=Paya Chin]how about feeding it the leathean leaves to make it forget that it was ever the &quoteater&quot?

alternatively do drownies actually sleep? if they don’t, is it possible to turn a dog into a drownie?[/quote]

[li]
The first is possible–but it would likely remember the moment it fell asleep.

The second would require that one drown the dog.