To Goat or Not to Goat?

I have an alt account that’s recently pivoted from collecting Eyeless Skulls (the goal was 77 but it only reached 41) to seeking the name (my main account is also seeking because if you’re going to damn yourself why only do it once). Prior to skull collecting, it was hoarding tales of terror. Collecting nearly a goat’s worth (19,123 worth 9,567 echoes to be precise). It appears that in the new seeking, prodigious levels of watchful are important. So now I face a dilemma. Should my alt buy an Overgoat?

If it sells all those tales of terror, it can easily fill in the extra echoes with other bits and bobs its collected. But tales of terror can be converted up to searing enigmas which are a useful seeking tool so my first instinct is to keep them. That said, converting tales of terror to enigmas is easier with a goat. It could sell basically everything else (besides equipment), including those skulls, to afford a goat. But, despite the immense inconvenience of a hand full of skull cards (and the fact that they are completely useless) I’m hesitant to give them up given how long it took to collect them.

There isn’t really a right answer here so I’m putting my alt’s fate in your hands. Will you sentence it to a dull, goatless existence? Will you free it from its skull burden? Will you demand it burn everything it holds dear in the name of goatliness? The choice is yours! I’ll wait 24 hours and then act upon your verdict.

If your alt is Seeking, a Goat may help them gain St. Cerise’s candle. Though they won’t like the method required… http://community.failbettergames.com/topic22360-seeking-mr-eatens-name.aspx?Page=3#post145075

When the time comes, it will do what must be done.

You get a goat by selling Terrific Tales, then give away 41 Skulls in a display of public charity and martyrdom.

Trading in the skulls for Cinders is definitely more action-efficient than selling them directly, plus there’s the chance of bonus Enigmas.

Cinders sell of course for the same amount as their component Skulls, although they do have a nice Rare success. Do enjoy that Liberation of the Night though!

Cinders sell of course for the same amount as their component Skulls, although they do have a nice Rare success. Do enjoy that Liberation of the Night though![/quote]

Yes, if I end up selling the skulls they will be converted to cinders first for matters of efficiency.

Going to be honest, I did not expect so many people to vote for a quantum goat. A Schrodinger’s Goat, if you will. I included the option because I wanted something I could vote on without affecting the results so I didn’t have to log out every time I wanted to check progress. I think the snag with a quantum goat is that it knows too much. It sees all. It is always measuring itself and is thus protected from quantum uncertainty. If someone knows how I might achieve the quantum goat I’ll do it but otherwise I will be acting on the runner up in the poll.

Cinders sell of course for the same amount as their component Skulls, although they do have a nice Rare success. Do enjoy that Liberation of the Night though![/quote]
Well, yes, but skulls only sell for 62.5 echoes to the revolution, which costs an action in-and-of itself. otherwise, they sell for 30 echoes. upcrafting consumes 5 skulls- making it possible to sell them- for the cost of one.

Well, the verdict appears to have been reached and the land slide winner is… the quantum goat with 15 votes! Nearly double the next highest choice. So, lesson learned there. Unfortunately, goats don’t fit in boxes so we’re going with the runner up but in honor of this verdict I will name the goat &quotSchrodinger’s Goat&quot (or I would if I was allowed to include the ’ character so instead Schrodinger is plural).

The runner up, also by a large margin (8 votes), is the completely logical choice. Sell everything but the tales of terror. Stop burdening your poor alt with 41 eyeless skulls. Got to admit, this surprised me more than the popularity of the quantum goat. I figured you guys would prefer to see my alt try to seek the name with only a single card slot not filled with skull cards. But the internet has spoken and so it’s will shall be done! Fair thee well eyeless skulls.

Thanks everyone that voted. You can see the goat on my alt’s mantel. This chapter is over. Now the hunt for the name continues.