Tips on raising nightmare for hallowmas? Or how...

So umm, I accidentally raised nightmare too high and got to state of confusion. And of course I didn’t manage to get visitor opportunity card… So now I have to raise nightmares back to 5, but I’m now unable to use hallowmas options to raise nightmares because my making waves is now at 10 <_<;

Sooo yeah, any tips on how to raise my nightmare stat? Or how to lower making waves? Using option to run away doesn’t seem efficient since its 5 actions and I lose only one making wave while losing my nightmares…

Share with a friend. I’d send you some, but your link is not in your signature. You could also get a Starveling Cat, which will also raise your Wounds. See this link: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic20858-a-hallowmas-offer--lending-starveling-cats.aspx

– Mal

There is a thread of advice for raising menaces here - http://community.failbettergames.com/topic9427-raising-menaces.aspx

If you have access to the Forgotten Quarter - I would equip a talkative rat and try seeking curios. There is at least one option that always gives a cp of nightmares and another that is a 50/50 chance. Add in watchful as low as possible so that you fail the challenges you should gain nightmares.

Alternatively somebody could ask you for help with their nightmares.

Best of all is probably the starveling cat but that raises both nightmares and wounds.
edited by reveurciel on 10/29/2015

Oh, I guess its a thing to have profile in signature? I guess I’ll do that too

But yeah, I started playing this this week so I don’t have access to Forgotten Quarter or anything. And umm, so starveling cat can kill you? I do have some wounds already so that sounds pretty risky…

If you’re that early in the game, the best option might just be looking for the toughest Watchful check you can (possibly aided by a Talkative Rattus Faber).

One fast way to get 12 CP of Nightmares is to sell your Bundle of Fourth City Rags for 30 pence at the Bazaar, and then wait for the card that gives you the opportunity to buy new ones for 10 Whispered Hints. And 12 CP is 4 levels, so then you’d just need to buy a Sporing Bonnet to reach Nightmares 5, or get another 3 CP for the total of 15 CP needed for level 5.

I did try the watchful check thing, but none of ones I failed in gave me nightmares <_<;

Isn’t that card rarer than visitor card though? I mean, if I didn’t manage to get visitor card in time I was qualifying for it, how I can be sure I can get that card in time? ._.;

You can drop making waves if you need to: have a POSI aquiantance send you an invite to benefit from flattery at Dante’s Grill. Of course, that will reset your MW, but it might be useful for you. Amongst other things, it will reduce your wounds…

You’d have to be an aquiantance, and that means you’d have to accept a calling card.
edited by RandomWalker on 10/29/2015

Ah, that sounds like it would be helpful ._.; Would solve my wound problem as well

Do you still need nightmares? I can send you some if you do.

Yeah, I still need them. I’m currently at 0(+1 from bonnet), tried to find cards that make it higher, but instead got ones that make it lower…

Sorry, can’t send you the flattery thing: I’m guessing that you don’t have a free evening?

How do you get those?

Time the healer should bring them.

Oops… Messed up again

So I figured out &quotHey wait a sec, there was that option related to nightmares at carnival, maybe it will increase my nightmares&quot and of course turn out it transport you to state of confusion X-x;

Ah well, at least I lost nothing since I had nightmares at 0… I just lose one of my only level dream stat I have… And lot of time…

(ah well, at least I’ll have 1 nightmare at bottom with help of cheerful goldfish and then with bonnet I have 2 nightmares <_<; But yeah, gonna have to wait before accepting new nightmares, have to get out of there first X-x; )
edited by Masky on 10/30/2015

[quote=Masky]Oops… Messed up again

So I figured out &quotHey wait a sec, there was that option related to nightmares at carnival, maybe it will increase my nightmares&quot and of course turn out it transport you to state of confusion X-x;

Ah well, at least I lost nothing since I had nightmares at 0… I just lose one of my only level dream stat I have… And lot of time…

(ah well, at least I’ll have 1 nightmare at bottom with help of cheerful goldfish and then with bonnet I have 2 nightmares <_<; But yeah, gonna have to wait before accepting new nightmares, have to get out of there first X-x; )
edited by Masky on 10/30/2015[/quote]

I sent you a confession of nightmares, that should be in your inbox when you get sane again! It’s not much, but it’s a start.

Aww, lost my memory of light D: I was delighted to get that and I lost it already…

Ah well at least now I can build nightmares up again, next thing is to accept that offer