Tips for establishing a salon

Hello eveyrone, as the title indicates I am wodnering if anyone coudl give me tips on how to get the various items -and connections- to set up a salon. I have mostly all of the connections, and hte onyl qualities i am lackign are: A member in good standing and Connected Hell: 20. Along with this I lack the requisite cellars of wine, personal recomendations, and favors in high place. As such, I wonder if anyone has any tips for getting those elements I still require to set up the salon. Any and all tips would be highly appreciated in any case, thank you very much.
edited by Corvo on 11/2/2015
edited by Corvo on 11/2/2015

Um, a &quotsaloon&quot is a bar. Or pub. Or bierhalle. Which we could probably use in FL, but right now I think you want to set up a salon – a periodic meeting of wits, literary lights, and conversationalists.

– Mal

My bad, I forgot to change the words once I realized I had them wrong. But yes, I want to set up a salon

The Connection to Hell is pretty easy. Just gather casing in the Flit and then cash it in to the Brass Embassy in the ‘Sell Information’ storylet (also in the Flit).

The ‘Member in Good Standing’ comes from joining either the Young Stags or the Partheneum clubs. You can progress that on the Bizarre Sidestreets.

(p.s. - You should also fix your profile link in your sig. It should point to http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/raaret not community.failbettergames.com/Raaret )

[quote=Gemma Hawley]The Connection to Hell is pretty easy. Just gather casing in the Flit and then cash it in to the Brass Embassy in the ‘Sell Information’ storylet (also in the Flit).

The ‘Member in Good Standing’ comes from joining either the Young Stags or the Partheneum clubs. You can progress that on the Bizarre Sidestreets.

(p.s. - You should also fix your profile link in your sig. It should point to http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/raaret not community.failbettergames.com/Raaret )[/quote]

Hmm, I see, thanks for hte tips, specially the one to farm connected Hell, any tips on spots to farm for the items?

(p.s. -Thanks for telling me about the signature problem, thoguht i had fixed before btu apparently not,)

I like to get my cellars of wine by converting up lower value wine items. Twenty-five bottles of Broken Giant will get you five Cellars of Wine. Both Personal Recommendations and Favours in High Places can be obtained by grinding up Talk of the Town through the Polite Invitation card. You can also get Favours by converting up Stolen Kisses. The Personal Recommendations are probably going to be the hardest part, as you only get one per Talk of the Town grind, they’re expensive to assemble, and you’ll need several for joining a club as well as the Salon.

Regarding the Cellar Of Wine, you only need two.

If you’re an Author (advanced from Journalist) or Mystic (advanced from Campaigner) you’ll receive 1x Cellar of Wine per week as part of turning in the An Earnest of Payment you receive when Time the Healer comes around.

(I don’t expect this will be of use to you Corvo, as you probably don’t want to have to wait two weeks for the required items, but for others who are looking to create a Salon it’s certainly an option they can use to prepare in advance.)

Apparently you can also get them at the Fourth Coil in the Labyrinth of Tigers, or trade in other wines items at the Bazaar Sidestreets for Cellars of Wine - though I’m not sure if you have access to either of those locations, nor am I familiar with the specifics of those actions. (I was an Author for quite some time, so I’ve not needed to seek out that item.)

This list (http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/PoSI_Item_Crafting#Components)gives a good list for all the POSI crafting items, with alternative sources.

…or of twits, literal blights and sensationalists. Pick your guests carefully :)
edited by Thorbimorbi on 11/3/2015
edited by Thorbimorbi on 11/3/2015