Tips for a first time tourist to the Iron Republic

I’ve been preparing for a little vacation to the Iron Republic, and I’m curious if there’s anything I should pack to make my trip more enjoyable and profitable. Or, if there are any cute souvenirs or charming out of the way places a tourist simply has to check out while they’re there.

There’s a possible option that will make you lose all your normal souls, so you may want to sell those.
edited by suinicide on 6/11/2016

Don’t panic - your menaces will jump all over the place while you are there but you can reduce them by spending the quality you get while you are there when you get to the end. There isn’t much you can pick up while you are there though an Iron Republic Journal is a nice souvenir.

[quote=suinicide]There’s a possible option that will make you lose all your normal souls, so you may want to sell those.
edited by suinicide on 6/11/2016[/quote]

Ah, that is good to know. I will convert them before I depart.

There is a very good chance that you won’t encounter that day and it doesn’t take all your souls if you do … just 200 of them if you fail the challenge on that day.

Ah, sorry, I haven’t actually encountered the option, just heard about it.

If you find yourself going in circles, try being nice to someone you know.

An Iron Republic Journal is a very useful souvenir because

when equipped in your Weapon slot it gives you +1 Dreaded, +1 Bizarre. I know of no other artifact that gives you 2 points of BDR. I always equip my Journal when I am trying to Make Waves.

An Iron Republic Journal is a very useful souvenir because

when equipped in your Weapon slot it gives you +1 Dreaded, +1 Bizarre. I know of no other artifact that gives you 2 points of BDR. I always equip my Journal when I am trying to Make Waves.

Thanks, definitely will pick up one of those. Is there anything I have to look for to obtain this journal?

As someone who bumbled into the Iron Republic the first time I don’t think you need much prep. Most of the tests are based on quirks and your menaces are sure to go everywhere, but in most circumstances you’ll generate enough Changed to create a Journal (my alt made three on their first trip) and potentially mix your quirks up if you want.

There really isn’t much you need to know in terms of equipment, besides the souls.