The Viscountess for Mayor! A feline candidate!

[color=#0066ff]A feline candidate for Mayor: the Viscountess of the Viric Jungle![/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]In London, she domiciles with the Shopkeeper in Viric, and holds court with cat companions. In Parabola, she patrols land laid waste by the war between cats and fingerkings. [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]She promises to take Londoners to battle: to teach them to drive back the things that haunt them, to change the ascendant powers in Parabola (…and no doubt to make cats more prominent in London, too).[/color]

I expect a Rubbery candidate next time, if she can be a candidate.

I am sorry Science. You were an excellent choice, and one I was looking forward to supporting. But I cannot stand against kitties… Especially dream-walking, battle-hardened titled kitties waging war against Nightmare and duplicitous body-snatching snakes…
edited by The Dark Gentleman on 7/1/2020

Is this the Viscountess from the Court of Cats? Oh dear. That’s awkward. After the messy divorce, and the accusations of collaboration with the enemy, and all.

[quote=Diptych]Is this the Viscountess from the Court of Cats? Oh dear. That’s awkward. After the messy divorce, and the accusations of collaboration with the enemy, and all.[/quote]I’m afraid that that was the Viscountess of the Hanging Mountains, not the Viric Jungle. There are, of course, obvious similarities - the Viric Shopkeeper themselves is quite the character.

I am speechless. Not just a feline, but a relatively new one!

And the next is Slivvy the urchin, who’s apparently older than most Londoners. At least, why not?

Okay, I’m gonna think about the Viscountess, but ONLY if voting her in provides an alternate way to access the Viric Jungle.

If it doesn’t I’m not interested.
edited by Deathjack999 on 7/1/2020

Well, so far this is in line with my theory of one candidate tied to Laboratory, Parabola and Railway each. We’ll see if the last candidate is going to offer a platform of Industry, Profit and westward exploration of the Neath.

As for the Viscountess, I’ll stick with Mme Gebrandt. Not that I’m not fond of cats (and the Duchess), but I’m also apparently one of the few Londoners sympathetic to the Fingerkings.

I thought F. F. Gebrandt had my vote unconditionally. Now I am conflicted.

As much as I love cats, I’m still with Dr. Gebrandt. My character has become a hard-core scientist, so she would definitely have her vote. It looks as though Aardvark was right, though. We have a Science candidate, a Parabolan candidate, so the last one should be a Railway candidate. &quotFurnace&quot Ancona? The Efficient Commissioner? Perhaps His Amused Lordship will come to the fore at last; I’m sure many players have chosen him as a railway board member.

EDIT: On second thought, I may just hold off on choosing a candidate until I see which candidate has the best rewards for signing on. My heart is still with Miriam Plenty, but her campaign reward was the worst ever! Gloves covered in Rubbery Lumps, indeed!
edited by Catherine Raymond on 7/1/2020

Me too. Most (if not all) of us owe debts of gratitude to Dr. Gebrandt from early in our neathly careers, and I for one am not about to throw her over for a feline parvenue who proposes to &quottake Londoners to bathe.&quot

(Yes, I know you think it’s &quotbattle,&quot but that’s clearly a typographical error on Hannah’s part.)
edited by Snort on 7/1/2020
edited by Snort on 7/1/2020

[quote=Snort]

Me too. Most (if not all) of us owe debts of gratitude to Dr. Gebrandt from early in our neathly careers, and I for one am not about to throw her over for a feline parvenue who proposes to &quottake Londoners to bathe.&quot[/quote]

Maybe she will set up the gay bathhouses London desperately needs.

[quote=Lady Karnstein]
Maybe she will set up the gay bathhouses London desperately needs.[/quote]

Heh, what do you think happens at Virginia’s spa?

[quote=Aro Saren][quote=Lady Karnstein]
Maybe she will set up the gay bathhouses London desperately needs.[/quote]

Heh, what do you think happens at Virginia’s spa?[/quote]

Trying not to look at Rubberies, apparently. Tis a strange place.

Oh, thank goodness!

[quote=Hannah Flynn]

[color=#0066ff]A feline candidate for Mayor: the Viscountess of the Viric Jungle![/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]In London, she domiciles with the Shopkeeper in Viric, and holds court with cat companions. In Parabola, she patrols land laid waste by the war between cats and fingerkings. [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]She promises to take Londoners to battle: to teach them to drive back the things that haunt them, to change the ascendant powers in Parabola (…and no doubt to make cats more prominent in London, too).[/color][/quote]

So this candidate is running on the platform…of teaching us to hunt the powers of Parabola. Oh. Hell. Yes. I already killed two thirds of the Vake and leashed what was left into my mount, I’m ready to wrestle a Fingerking and drag it’s corpse back somehow to put on my mantelpiece. Also, I suppose a certain Turbulent Tabby’s definitely-not-a-brother will be pleased as punch.

I can’t make any promises to commit when this candidate already showed up the previous one in a big way, but the next one will have to be something spectacular AND have a better platform to show her up. Knowing Failbetter though, I wouldn’t rule either out.

EDIT: My course is set, and I’m all for the Viscountess now.
edited by Hattington on 7/4/2020

Well… I am pleased.

Bah, still no Silas the Showman. Still very nice candidates.

A cat? Hmph.