The Traveller's Friend: A Helpful FL Spreadsheet

Or, to give it its full title, The Traveller’s Friend: A (Hopefully) Helpful Guidebook for The Pursuit of Achievements, Adventures and Accoutrements in London Below.. You can find the spreadsheet here.

The Traveller’s Friend is a spreadsheet to help you manage and plan your Fallen London goals. It includes tables with various things you might like to do or to obtain along with a list of their requirements, the idea being that you have everything you need in one place. You can track your progress towards financial or narrative accomplishments and mark them off as you go, making it much easier to remember what you’ve done and how far you’ve got to go, or to find something new to do if you’re at a loose end. There’s also a ‘Notability Calculator’ which you can use to assist you in your quest to grace the cover of Slowcake’s Exceptionals. Picture a valet in octavo form. I hope you find it helpful!

How do I use it?
Open the link to the sheet, then press ‘File’ and ‘Make Copy’ (you need to be logged into a google account). Then you can edit to your heart’s content! (I like to colour code finished tasks and grey out anything unavailable to me).

A few things to note:

1). I didn’t intend this to cover absolutely everything you could possibly seek to do in FL (including, er, Seeking), and there are no details of anything Fate-Locked (there’s a list of Fate-Locked stories & their prices, as well as BDR items, but that’s about it). However if you think there are any glaring omissions please do let me know! There’s a blank table with room for any personal goals you might have on the ‘Quirks & Dreams’ tab. I will endeavour to update the template as more things are released or I have time to add in other ideas.

2). I have not included every possible source of favours, only those which are repeatable and accessible regardless of your stats. The sheet is intended for quick reference & character management rather than a replacement for the wiki.

3). I hope the formatting works, but I’m not that familiar with Google Sheets so, yeah. I hope it doesn’t set anything on fire. Let me know about any errors, typos or other problems.

4). Thanks both to the wiki and particularly to rahv7 for their excellent threads on sources of favours.

5). Please feel absolutely free to reorganise the thing or add/delete items as you see fit. In particular if there’s anything that would make the sheet more accessible to my fellow disabled players please let me know.
[li]

Much appreciated. The notability calculator in particular is very welcome.

Thanks so much! I hope you find it helpful.

That’s a great resource, thank you!

I have a question about side conversions – why only 10 cycles per week? Without an EF subscription, I’m looking at ((24 hours - 8 hours of sleep) * 6 actions per hour + 20 actions overnight) * 7 days = 812 actions >= 62 cycles = 1240 CP on average.

[quote=Aniline]That’s a great resource, thank you!

I have a question about side conversions – why only 10 cycles per week? Without an EF subscription, I’m looking at ((24 hours - 8 hours of sleep) * 6 actions per hour + 20 actions overnight) * 7 days = 812 actions >= 62 cycles = 1240 CP on average.[/quote]

Thanks for that! And you are absolutely right - at some point I must have mucked up and conflated ‘144 actions per day’ with the 1008 actions per week. I’ll go and fix it! That’s what I get for midnight mathematics.

Edit: Okay, my brain is frazzled. I think this is right? 1008 actions per week/13 actions per cycle gives 77 possible cycles, giving an average of 1078 CP. Am I missing something?[li]
edited by Màiread on 8/12/2017

For my planning purposes, I plan on 16 hours awake plus 40 actions storage during my 8 hours of sleep for a total of 166+40=136 actions a day and therefore 1367=952 actions a week.

The wiki says that out of 4 MW conversions in a cycle one gives 1-8 CP and three give 1-10 CP, for a presumed total of 20 CP per cycle on average.

Ah, right, I see where I’ve gone wrong - I’d mixed up some notes and put the average as 14 rather than 20. It should all be fixed now.

The wiki says that out of 4 MW conversions in a cycle one gives 1-8 CP and three give 1-10 CP, for a presumed total of 20 CP per cycle on average.[/quote]
Wouldn’t that be 21 CP per cycle on average? You can’t get 0 CP MW from the conversions, so they average 4.5 and 5.5 CP for 21 total.

The wiki says that out of 4 MW conversions in a cycle one gives 1-8 CP and three give 1-10 CP, for a presumed total of 20 CP per cycle on average.[/quote]
Wouldn’t that be 21 CP per cycle on average? You can’t get 0 CP MW from the conversions, so they average 4.5 and 5.5 CP for 21 total.[/quote]

[li]

Yes, but since you can’t get 0.5 CP I rounded it down. It’s really just to give a baseline from which to estimate.

A small comment: Inviting Lettice to your Salon gives 150 CP of MW noramlly, but gives 160 CP if you have Lettice as a Companion.

I did put that as a note on that cell - is it not showing up for you? I wasn’t sure if notes were only visible to the creator or of everyone could see them.[li]

ETA: That’s weird, the notes are gone, thanks for spotting that! I’ll add it in a different way.
edited by Màiread on 8/13/2017

Nitpick - the Shrine to St Joshua is +1BDR, not +2.

[li]
Fixed, thank you!

If anyone is making use of this and has any feedback/suggestions it would be great to hear from you.

MW is reset to your current Notability level, not the one required to get current level. Whole that column is wrong.

Right, I’ll just delete that then. I’ll fix it if and when I have time.[li]

ETA: Okay, I’ve updated the formula and I believe it is now correct. If not, feel free to shout.
edited by Màiread on 8/15/2017

So with the new content released I’ll need to update the goals! I’m ages away from experiencing the new court content myself (never exiled & pursuing other things) so if anyone can help me fill in the gaps of what’s available I’d appreciate it mightily.

Thank you for this :)