The Tentacled Entrepreneur for Mayor!

I am thoroughly progressive in my stance on our rubbery friends; at the very least one can have cordial business dealings.

But last I saw this fellow, it was at a party, barely managing to comprehend cutlery. My recent stint back to Flute Street on a palaeontological errand noted the utter lack of rubbery art, or any other culture.
Which makes me feel this candidates intentions are based on hot (and rather damp) air.

Funny thing is, it does say that, but then there’s the Amber Cello, the Rubbery Euphonium, the Underground Organ, the Bellringer, the Herald, the Campanologist… not to mention the Glim-Sculptor’s squeezebox.

Funny thing is, it does say that, but then there’s the Amber Cello, the Rubbery Euphonium, the Underground Organ, the Bellringer, the Herald, the Campanologist… not to mention the Glim-Sculptor’s squeezebox.[/quote]

Ah yes, Rubbery music. They might not have the most appealing singers for human standards, but their instrumentals are from another world. Their fine notes are guaranteed to make your ears waltz (after slowly turning into legs) and where as mundane human music at most makes your heart beat in a different rhythm, the Rubbery one will turn the ribs into a choir and the lungs into pianist, playing organ organs. But most importantly, think of the many more puns that can be squidzeed out of his campaign.

I regret that I have but one like to give for your comment.

I am vastly curious to see how a Rubbery Man will conduct his campaign, given that his native …er…tongue is unintelligible, not just to Londoners, but to most humans. Presumably he will have representatives, as Mr. Slowcake did, but who would those be?

He has an interpreter, miming and posturing skills, prewritten response cards and picture book.

The cat has unique storyline in Viric Jungle (it’s open to everyone now), F. F. chills out in the Bone Market. Any sightings of this fellow?

[quote=Aro Saren]He has an interpreter, miming and posturing skills, prewritten response cards and picture book.

The cat has unique storyline in Viric Jungle (it’s open to everyone now), F. F. chills out in the Bone Market. Any sightings of this fellow?[/quote]

I heard that he’s at the Helicon House at Ealing Gardens, which has recently been opened up with the Artistry card.

Since late last week, it’s been possible to gain &quotAcquainted with Helicon House,&quot but if there’s a way to actually get inside, then it’s new as of this morning.

Which is entirely possible, there’s a lot of stuff that’s new as of this morning and I’m low on actions.

[Edit] Welp. I have plans for this evening now.
edited by PSGarak on 7/13/2020

Thank Christ for that.

Helicon is currently located at Rubbery card at Ealing, and there’s not much of interest.

Looks like the &quotSlime and Amber: the Rubbery Men&quot card has gotten a slight overhaul in honour of the election and the &quotLure the creature into a quiet alley…and end its miserable rubbery existence&quot option has morphed into &quotFollow the Rubbery Man and the Constable into an alley&quot, which references the Tentacled Entrepeneur’s participation in the election. Not sure if the outcome is the same as I have too many favours pending to try it, but it’ll at least make an accidental misclick on that option a bit less traumatic!

[quote=Krayven]I am thoroughly progressive in my stance on our rubbery friends; at the very least one can have cordial business dealings.

But last I saw this fellow, it was at a party, barely managing to comprehend cutlery. My recent stint back to Flute Street on a palaeontological errand noted the utter lack of rubbery art, or any other culture.
Which makes me feel this candidates intentions are based on hot (and rather damp) air.[/quote]

The candidate’s inability to grasp basic cutlery etiquette after literal years of seeing him at salons is an entirely valid reason not to vote for him.

It’s like that grandparent that calls you up every week asking you how to send an email. It can hold a fork just fine. But it enjoys your company, and it knows its social standing is still tenuous, so it’s doing you the favor of inventing a pretext for the two of you to talk.

I like Rubbery Men as much as the next Londoner but I’m not getting good vibes from the Entrepreneur. The Entrepreneur has been a boon to my railway development, but its factories and treatment of workers makes me think that the Entrepreneur wants to maintain its own wealth and power rather than expand the rights of other Rubbery Men.

It’s not super surprising that the Entrepreneur and Mr. Fires are allies, and having the support of my most hated Master doesn’t make me more likely to vote for it.

[quote=Aro Saren]Helicon is currently located at Rubbery card at Ealing, and there’s not much of interest.[/quote]It’s on the bohemians card as well. Also, I did find this rather interesting:

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Tsar%20Koschei/19103188

What exactly does that mean? The factories are what, a front? A sham? To what end?

[quote=Tsar Koschei]
What exactly does that mean? The factories are what, a front? A sham? To what end?[/quote]
That was my interpretation as well. From the Entrepreneur’s tour of the factories, they certainly seem to be producing goods, standard factory fare, but that could be a show put on specifically for the visitors. Is the secret that they’re not making anything, or that they’re making something they shouldn’t be? Does he just need a business as a front of social respectability?

I do worry about the fair representation of the Tentacled Entrepreneur with regards to extra and interesting and above all accessible content… Gebrandt gets the Bone Market with several interesting options, Viscountess gets Parabola with even more, and meanwhile he only gets three options on a couple of opportunity cards in Ealing Gardens, which are both RNG dependent and quality dependent on a certain Board Member and a high Renown item. And all of them are just word related with no mechanical benefit or reward.

Historically speaking, the vote has tended to go to the candidate with the most visible and accessible content for all levels of player, as well as the candidate that seems to reward/help the player most in their ordinary actions, and I fear hiding the Tentacled Entrepreneur behind the latest of the late game content and RNG is severely going to hurt his chances. Not to mention the content itself is sparse, even if it is of good textual quality.

That’s a very good point, I’ve been wondering about the disparity in prominence as well. Granted, the bone market and base-camp are also pretty late-game areas, but it still seems like the Entrepreneur clearly got the short end of the stick here.

Normally, I would have been torn between the Entrepreneur and the Viscountess, but Neel has zero desire to go to war, so it’s an easy choice after all. She’s always sympathised with Rubberies, so she’ll do her damnedest to help!

Nah, ‘content’ is a slight of hand for the election - it’s always who’s the most established character, with a lean to outcasts.

The community tends to elect the perverse.
edited by Toran on 7/15/2020