The Spider-Council. (potential spoilers)

It will be interesting to see what Failbetter has in store for this particular quality - if this wasn’t just some loose end they felt needed tied.

My bet is that it has something to do with tomorrow being July 1st.

I honestly could not remember what I had done or if I had even done it. In the end I decided “The best Spider-Council is almost certainly a dead Spider-Council” and killed it.

I couldn’t remember, and decided to go with “Set a fire and ran away”, because I thought it would be a better lead in for whatever continuation (I hope!) will be coming.

I did the exact same thing. I’m not sure if it will help me or bite me in a private area, but I’m sure that it will be important in a near-future content, since they wouldn’t specifically ask us that otherwise. I wouldn’t mind meeting a spider-council again and learning more about them, they seem like great folk.

I like to imagine my character being ambushed by a journalist while on his morning constitutional and saying &quotOh yes… the giant spider thing. Yes, now that you mention it I do remember something like that, I think. Um, I’m pretty sure I killed it. Pretty sure. Did I set a fire and run away? No… no, I don’t think so. But to be honest it’s so hard to keep track of all the monsters one encounters and the fires one sets, don’t you find? Ahaha. AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! Ahem. Excuse me, will you?&quot

I think I killed it … at least it would have been in character. Fortunately given the options it sort of covers the fact that I don’t remember exactly what I did all those years ago:)

I chose with my character’s personality in mind. He never was very dangerous in the beginning, and a spider-council is… well, very dangerous. So I deciced that Emain fled, scared by the thing and judging that getting out of the building fast was the sure way to stay alive. n_n’
edited by Emain Ablach on 7/2/2015

I killed the one near the Wolfstack Docks, then I captured another alive to be shipped to the Labyrinth (my character loves challenges, she has also &quotkilled&quot Feducci twice) and I faced another (unless the one sent among tigers has been grossly misplaced) in Venderbight as part of the Nemesis ambition. There are more than one would think, and that’s… not reassuring at all.
edited by Huey on 7/2/2015

I can confirm that there are either at least twenty-two Spider-Councils in Wolfstack, or two, of which one is an incredible escape artist.

An incredible escape artist, whose escapological skills are second only to their lack of strategic thinking. Getting captured once might be considered unfortunate. Twice, careless. I’m not sure what adjective I’d use for twenty-one times, but I think exclamation marks could justifiably be used.

Got this message as soon as I got back to London. Pretty sure I killed the first Spider-Council, but then I also caught some alive for Mr. Inch, and they all kind of merge together after that. Figuratively, of course. I’d rather not think of whether a Hepta-Council is possible or not.

City Vices: An Entaglement in an Old Web
Occurs with Standard Frequency

&quotYou run into a Spider-Council you once knew all too well. Apparently, its star is in the ascendant now. It is well positioned to become a part of the next Tree of Ages. Could you lend it one of your eyes so that it can find the way?&quot

An incredible escape artist, whose escapological skills are second only to their lack of strategic thinking. Getting captured once might be considered unfortunate. Twice, careless. I’m not sure what adjective I’d use for twenty-one times, but I think exclamation marks could justifiably be used.[/quote]

From a hedonist standpoint, maybe the Spider-Council’s just into masochism. Perhaps it is just chasing after fellow Correspondent masochist to learn about the joy of fire.

i don’t remember what i did, so i chose slayed for my main and ran away for alt.