The six labyrinths of london?

So, I recently gained entry to the House of Chimes, and along the way the question was asked “is the human heart truly the seventh labyrinth of london?”. Obviously, that stated that there are six other labyrinths in london, and I have four figured out:

London Itself
The Labyrinth of Tigers.
The Labyrinth around the orphanage (I don’t know the name, it’s not my ambition.)
and the Law in London.

any guesses as to the other two?

No clue, but given that your count is right, I thoroughly hope that one of each remaining ones will be explored in a respective Ambition. I just LOVE labyrinths _

The Labyrinth beneath the Palace… which may or may not extend to the surrounding streets, and contain an [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Exceptional Rose[/color].

Oh, right, I forgot about that!

I believe your enumaration to be correct. For the record, the labyrinth surrounding the Orphanage is called “The Shadows of the Orphanage”, though they do not belong to the Orphanage proper. Sir Tanah-Chook is correct as well, which makes 5 out of 6

As for the last one, it really comes down to the definition of labyrinth. Would you consider Winewound heath a labyrinth ? Or the prickfinger wastes ? Can we even consider them parts of London ?
Other than that, we can linger our thoughts on the implications of the term “honey-mazed”, or venture further into the metaphysical : could the correspondence be considered a labyrinth ? Or whatever parabola is ?
I lack the necessary data to compute a valid hypothesis.

Some other possibilities.

The Clay quarters - pretty labarythian and pitch black, warren and tunnels.

The Abyss, ride to it from the carnival. (I recall some text concerning an area below the Neath itself thats quite lucious and green etc - or possibly chronic tiredness is making me get my references mixed up, but it’s buzzing around at the back of my mind).

The Empress’s Garden is said to be a literal labyrinth, carefully cultivated into a complex maze.
edited by Early on 4/20/2012

Also, the Spires of the Bazaar may qualify.

It would appear that we have discovered far more than just six labyrinths. How odd.

Well, presumably only six are “official”.

The tunnels below the city on the way to Flute Street might qualify.

The Labyrinths of London I think would be less physical, or not wholly physical.

Lucas’ list, which mirrors my own, I would edit as thus:

The paths/roads of London (physical and ideological)
The Orphanage (I honestly don’t know much about the orphanage)
The Law (Baseborn and Fowlingpiece) (ideological)
The Labyrinth of Tigers (physical and also ideological)
The Human Heart (…mostly ideological - As a Scarlet Saint, and history of the Bazaar, I’m prone to believe this.)

Theories for the other two:

• Dreams[/li][li]Seeking[/li][li]Mysteries[/li][li]Society[/li][li]The Past/fallen cities

[quote=Scarlet Fenwick]The Labyrinths of London I think would be less physical, or not wholly physical.

Lucas’ list, which mirrors my own, I would edit as thus:

The paths/roads of London (physical and ideological)
The Orphanage (I honestly don’t know much about the orphanage)
The Law (Baseborn and Fowlingpiece) (ideological)
The Labyrinth of Tigers (physical and also ideological)
The Human Heart (…mostly ideological - As a Scarlet Saint, and history of the Bazaar, I’m prone to believe this.)

Theories for the other two:

• Dreams[/li][li]Seeking[/li][li]Mysteries[/li][li]Society[/li][li]The Past/fallen cities

The Orphanage has an ideological tint to it (If I’ve understood well your meaning for ideological), but is quite physical in its substance and purpose. To be more specifical would mean to spoil the plot of possibly the most beautiful Ambition out there, but, for what I know, *SPOILER[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]it is a prison for those who have angered the Masters. They are the “Orphans”; they are taken captive in the Orphanage, and treated so as to madly fall in love with a single object, quality or abstract concept (it can be their pissing jar as much as the colour blue; one noteworthy Orphan has been got to fall in love with THE ORPHANAGE ITSELF); they are closely guarded, and their infatuation is then… Studied, and, the closest way to describe it would be… [/color][color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]milked[/color][color=rgb(255, 255, 255)] of their feeling. But apart from that, the building that is the Orphanage is guarded both by a very physical maze around it, than by the guards in it.[/color]/SPOILER

I think each ambition has a labyrinth…

What would Heart’s Desire’s be? I’ve certainly taken a circuitous route, and perhaps you might describe the Topsy King’s sanity as such, but I haven’t encountered anything literal.

What would Heart’s Desire’s be? I’ve certainly taken a circuitous route, and perhaps you might describe the Topsy King’s sanity as such, but I haven’t encountered anything literal.[/quote]

Well, being them London labyrinths surely means [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Polythreme and the palace of hte King with a thousand hearts[/color] don’t count as such. Sure I hope Marvellers will have their own, adequately enigmatic labyrinth to explore, like Light Fingerers did. Given the Persuasive/Watchful tint, maybe a thorough exploration of the one beneath the Shuttered Palace?

Perhaps the labyrinth for Heart’s Desire is [color=#ffffff]the Marvelous itself? A game of chance and skill might very well be considered a sort of metaphorical labyrinth, in my opinion. [/color].

Alternately, perhaps the last of the 6 is the story of the Bazaar itself? It’s certainly convoluted enough to be!

One of the labyrinths has to be finding out what the six d—ed labyrinths of London are!