The Single Most Obvious Use for Treasures

Y’know all those early game grinds that you never touch again after perusing the wiki and hitting your stride?

Giving each treasure a 4~ EPA use in an early game grind that corresponds to its key stat would give you a reason to touch them again.

FBG said they’re trying to give players more reasons to stay in London and/or flesh out the city itself.

Letting mid-to-lategame players flex their shiniest toy while also giving them a nice repeatable grind in-city and making their crowning achievement feel like it has more tangible consequences would be a great way to do both.

5 Likes

What is “treasure”?
(stupid work count)

The unique item the player character gets at the end of their Ambition. It has an item slot of its own.

2 Likes

At this point players usually have plenty of reasons to stay in London, including base grinds with high EpA (Hearts Game, Lab, professional activity, etc).
Treasures have thousands tie-ins, adding another batch of them specifically in early grinds seems pretty arbitrary. Not sure if there is a particular grind I am yearning to return to.
I’d rather get new Firmament chapter faster, than such additions. Or more reasons to zail (which they killed with ratket redesign)

3 Likes

The point wasn’t: I need a new 4 EPA grind in Spite.

It was: since they made fleshing out/grounding London a literal roadmap goalpost? It would also be a clever way to let players retread old ground with fresh eyes and a sense of perspective of how far they’ve come.

And also finally make Treasures less of an anticlimax.

2 Likes

…aha, f*** me, I really need to finally continue with my ambition instead of finding other things to distract myself with.

I realized I LONG AGO chose the Ambition I am least suited for (griiinding). I think when i was a baby player i chose it for the name! Now there’s such a giant sunk cost fallacy to it i might as well finish it. “Gameplay”! //jazzhands

I’m a total sucker for Treasures. That reminds me, I need to get myself an Unloved Short Story.

1 Like