The Silver Tree: Meta-qualities

At long last, I’ve finished The Silver Tree. At the end I was told that I had gained four meta-qualities. I’d like to know whether they can be seen anywhere in my FL profile, and/or whether they have any direct influence on my FL character yet (or maybe even Sunless Sea)? Or is this something to be implemented with future content?

I didn’t know that the Silver Tree had such a benefit - otherwise I would not have quit it out of boredom. The game was so grindy and it all seemed to be going nowhere that, despite my love of the franchise, I could not push myself to keep doing it. I would of course love the idea that after playing the entire game something passes to either my Fallen London character or my Sunless Sea Account. As it stands, I really have no idea about these Meta-qualities.

I don’t think the Meta Qualities do anything. I’ve beaten the game a couple times and nothing’s turned up in London as far as I’m aware.

Metaqualities were supposed to give you (the player) new starting options in some SN games (I think Cabinet Noir had some?). Never any benefit to alreadyexisting characters (as you can see with parabolean panther and SS).

Also, I vaguely remember seeing an (empty) list of metaqualities for myself somewhere, but the UI part that did it doesn’t seem to even exist any more.

[quote=xKiv]
Also, I vaguely remember seeing an (empty) list of metaqualities for myself somewhere, but the UI part that did it doesn’t seem to even exist any more.[/quote]

If you’re creating a storynexus game, you can check yourself out. wiggles eyebrows (Godlike powers; User search: Me; Metaqualities.)

That’s why it took me more than two years to play it through – with laaarge gaps of not-at-all-playing in between! ;)
Two of the qualities were titled &quotGleam&quot and &quotGloom&quot which are among the FL Destinies. The others were &quotThe Silver Tree: The Herald&quot and &quotThe Silver Tree: (gah, already forgotten!)&quot.::
So maybe if I was to change the Destiny of my FL character next Hallowmass, these would then be available to him… but I’m not gonna find out because my character already has the Destiny that’s perfect for him!

I can hardly imagine any relation between Silver Tree and Cabinet Noir – but if someone had a concrete example for this it would be very interesting to know!
And nothing for Sunless Sea? Really?

[color=#C2B280]The metaqualities from the Silver Tree are unlikely to be given effects in Fallen London or our other games. They were added when the company was much more focused on StoryNexus than it is now: the reason they have tonal names like ‘Gloom’ and ‘Gleam’ is so that they could be used by worlds with entirely different settings (or indeed, worlds made by other people).[/color]