The sign at his feet reads: "WILL WORK FOR GEMS"

Who’s still after gems? The philosophers have made me think about others again for a moment.

Some very generous person has left some more gems on my doorstep- sadly, my cane is as encrusted as it can be without putting a jewel over another one, so please submit to the person who first declared a need that is yet unsated. Thank you for your kind donation and who was the next person who needed them?
edited by AlbrechtEB on 3/12/2012

[color=#330099]I am moving this one to the Singing Mandrake :)[/color]

While I seem to be swimming in Diamonds, I am completely lacking for the other two gem types needed for a particular jaunty walking device. Any assistance in this matter would be appreciated, and if I were able to help out in some sort of way my self feel free to ask.

I find myself with a surplus of gems, and the necessary card just came along, so I may be able to help someone. Anyone still seeking to get their due from that cheeky Lapidary is welcome to follow me on The Song of Birds.

I am in desperate need of gems for the Lapidary. I’m currently throwing lizards and following a questline that may have diamonds, but I have read in several places that without Fate, getting venom rubies is nearly impossible for a low leveled player. Can anyone assist me?

How low levelled are you? If you can get one of the mood cards, you could do what I did and pick the Shadowy option and then enter the Pickpocket’s Promenade in Spite. The 20 trophy reward should cover your needs, and isn’t impossible to get. You’ll need a bit of Shadowy to begin with though, so if you’ve completely ignored that, then it might not be a feasible option.

I wanted to thank my benefactor for three rubies, and other gems! Two more rubies to go!

To Gillsing, my lowest stat is Shadowy…I’ve heard of moods, but I’ve not ran into them yet. My average level is 40. Is the Shadowy option easy to tell? Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Two rubies and I’m there, I’m quite excited. I love cards with borders, even the auto-fire ones that have nightmares attached.

There’s no specific Shadowy option to pick. Just throw on your best Shadowy gear, head into the Pickpocket’s Promenade, and try to collect 20 Trophies. With your Shadowy the best cards will be difficult for you to succeed, but the 3 trophy options are straightforward.

However, I get the feeling you have the card in your hand. If so then it’s best for you to have someone send you more jewels, because going to the Pickpocket’s Promenade will clear your hand.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 2/6/2014

Thank you to my second benefactor; I am done with the Lapidary! And so very happy! Thank you!

Yes, Hysaro, I did have it in my hand. I’m completed with the Lapidary, but I didn’t know the Promenade existed (I’ve focused most of my efforts in Ladybones and Watchmaker’s so far), and I will play around with it!
Your name seems very familiar.

I’m also stuck with this card at the moment. I have the neccessary sapphires from lizard throwing at the carnival, but no way to get to Mahogany Hall or the Jeweller’s Shoppe for the other 2 items (Venom Rubies and the Ostentatious Diamond)

You can obtain Ostentatious Diamonds with 20 trophies from the Pickpocket’s Promenade. It DOES clear the cards in your hand, but with a little luck you can reliably get all the materials the Lapidary requires (save the walking-stick, obviously. I believe even the most oblivious Londoner would notice your attempt to surreptitiously steal that on a walkabout…) Shadowy ~40 gives you decent chances for gathering trophies.

Ah, thanks! I’ll try my luck there.

I should check my messages more often -

(5 days ago) Your gift of jewels from Asfodella (Asfodella in Fallen London) is here… You’ve gained 3 x Sapphire (new total 14). You’ve gained 3 x Flawed Diamond (new total 79). You’ve gained 3 x Venom-Ruby (new total 9). "A small gift for you. Just don’t touch the rubies without gloves. Or a 6-foot stick. Or both, just to be sure. "

Thanks a bunch Asfodella!

I have everything I need to make the Bejewelled Cane except the infamous Venom-Rubies. If anyone would grant me five of them, I would gladly appreciate it, and would be deeply in your debt.

(UPDATE): Thanks to a generous benefactor and Caninicus’ idea of looting the thieves’ cache in the Forgotten Quarter, I now no longer need anymore Venom-Rubies to complete the long awaited Bejewelled Cane!
edited by BeadBoy on 10/5/2014

To the best of my knowledge, the only way to send the jewels is to wait for an opportunity card which will send three sapphires, rubies and diamonds. You would need to wait for someone to draw two opportunity cards, or two people to draw one.

I obtained my rubies my looting thieves’ caches in the Forgotten Quarter.
edited by Caninicus on 10/5/2014

Hey if anyone needs 3 Venom-Rubies, Sapphires, or Flawed-Diamonds I have the &quotGive a gift!&quot card and am willing to hold onto it for a few days if anyone wants the previously mentioned gems! Just PM me or something.
edited by BeadBoy on 10/15/2014

I also have the “Give a Gift” card ready for anyone who needs gems.

What kind of gems you get? Because I need to make a bejeweled lens and. I am in need of gems

You will need 10 ostentatious diamonds, pearls, correspondence plaques and a magnificent diamond to make a bejeweled lens. The “Give a Gift” does not have an option to transfer any of these; however, the card will help you make a bejeweled cane. If you need flawed diamonds, rubies and sapphires, I would be happy to help you.