the sheperd's timepiece use

i recently bought the trade in souls story and chosen to become a sheperd, i’ve got the sheperd’s timepiece and i know that there is a use for this item.
is there a sort of storylet?is there a card?can you please answer?
edited by wraith on 12/26/2015

[quote=wraith]i recently bought the trade in souls story and chosen to become a sheperd, i’ve got the sheperd’s timepiece and i know that there is a use for this item.
is there a sort of storylet?is there a card?can you please answer?
edited by wraith on 12/26/2015[/quote]
One that i keep running into is at the bookshop lodgings. idk what it does, but that’s one use. Haven’t seen any others, but i’ve never bought the story.

Fate-locked content is a Forbidden Subject on the forums, wraith, but as Grenem said there is at least one option that involves the watch.

– Mal

sorry, i didn’t know that. have i to delete the topic?

I don’t think so, nothing untoward was said.

– Mal

ok, thank you

I’ve always considered the forbidden content thing as more of a &quotdon’t give out the plot points&quot sort of thing, along with anything else that you think should be secret. But the rules been left rather vague, and seems to have been loosened with exceptional stories
edited by suinicide on 12/26/2015

[quote=malthaussen]Fate-locked content is a Forbidden Subject on the forums, wraith, but as Grenem said there is at least one option that involves the watch.

– Mal[/quote]
My understanding is that anything you can see without fate isn’t forbidden, so what i said is valid- as are any other such statements to where the locks are, assuming they don’t require the timepeice to even be visibile.

Also, you can pm someone for info, but you need someone who’s actually seen it. Can someone who’s used the sheperd’s timepeice post such, just so that wraith has someone to PM for further info?

grenem thanks but it doesn’t matter, i’ll find out on my own

I think the topic is fine as long as we don’t go into the text itself.

[spoiler]Anyway, there are several options that are located primarily in the beginning of the game that you might very well be beyond right now, but the main thing you get is a card where you can donate souls/contracts and be an exceptionally nice individual.

I would also recommend becoming an Exceptional Friend someday so you can check out the stories in the House of Chimes (it is related, I assure you), and if you do that then the Fate-locked story with the Bishop of Southwark will have a little option for you while you’re going through that story.[/spoiler]

edited by Sara Hysaro on 12/26/2015

how rare is the card that i need?

Pretty sure it’s standard rarity. But I’ve never really had trouble drawing it when needed. Not positive though, as I don’t have it in my hand.

It is Standard.

i drawn twenty cards looking for it but i didn’t find anything, probably i’m just unlucky

@Wraith: you do have the Lodgings Above a Bookshop, I hope?

– Mal

no, i need it?

Yes, the card in question is linked to that lodging.

– Mal

ok, thanks for the explanation