The Season of Skies: Item Trade-In

[color=rgb(204, 0, 153)]One of London’s largest criminal cases is cracked at last. What happens next is up to you.[/color]

[color=#cc0099]The Season of Skies has finished. If you played The Persona Engine, The Twelve-Fifteen from Moloch Street, and The Century Exhibition, you will have gained an item unique to each tale. You can trade in these items to unlock a short tale suffused with lore and adorned with an alluring reward.

This option opens today, and will remain permanently, so there is no need to trade in your items by any deadline.

The story can be found via The Season of Skies: Putting the Pieces Together[/color]
edited by Absintheuse on 2/28/2017

The promised foreshadowing for Sunless Skies? Very foreboding…

Oh hey, an actual reference to the school of thought I subscribe to. Now I’m curious what is said about people who don’t follow the Implacable Method. (Link for reference)

Edit: Word of warning, one of the paths you can follow increases Nightmares by a few points, so it might be wise to make sure you’re not too close to madness before starting.
edited by Kaigen on 2/28/2017

Anchoress’s Legacy (on a non-POSI character with a training profession - no idea which of the two accounts for the ‘not the most astute’ variable part).

I have to say, I like all these Quality Variable Decriptions, both here and in the Finishing School.
(It’s a shame that they remain undocumented in Storynexus guide, they’re apparently very useful)
edited by Passionario on 2/28/2017

Here’s mine - following my own method.

I’ve passed along the work, with a Starstone Demark as payment. It is echoed. I’m curious the other ends.

Those visions were…bizarre. Was it one of London in the Skies, with the Throne of Hours (iirc the name given to it in the kickstarter), or something else entirely?

Getting the police involved provided a satisfying ending and rewarded an Intriguer’s Compendium - not bad at all!

Of the red science:

The text mentioned “the cleaving of matter.” Is this nuclear fusion, with which London will create its own sun? The splitting of atoms was certainly regarded as a subversion of natural law when it was first proposed.

That was a wild ride. This is certainly a worthy conclusion of the excellent season that preceded it. The weight of my decisions gave me pause.

I think the visions were of something more, or something different. Perhaps a view of an actual Judgement, or perhaps a view of a world from the viewpoint of a Judgement.

Wow, that was some ending! Truth be told, this moved me more than the whole Clay Man’s Arm story. What an excellent conclusion to my favourite season so far!

I agree with Sam Norrey; it was very moving.

My main chose to “involve the police”, and my alt to pass the work along. Would someone who has chosen the third path be kind enough to say so with a link to their profile? Thanks.

[quote=Catherine Raymond]I agree with Sam Norrey; it was very moving.

My main chose to &quotinvolve the police&quot, and my alt to pass the work along. Would someone who has chosen the third path be kind enough to say so with a link to their profile? Thanks.[/quote]

[li]I burnt it all, the link is in my signature[/li]

[quote=Cthonius]I’ve passed along the work, with a Starstone Demark as payment. It is echoed. I’m curious the other ends.

Those visions were…bizarre. Was it one of London in the Skies, with the Throne of Hours (iirc the name given to it in the kickstarter), or something else entirely?[/quote]

I believe it was in the Twitch stream that they explained it to be a location/region beyond &quotregular&quot space that will be explorable in the High Wilderness.

[quote=surreyjack][quote=Catherine Raymond]I agree with Sam Norrey; it was very moving.

My main chose to &quotinvolve the police&quot, and my alt to pass the work along. Would someone who has chosen the third path be kind enough to say so with a link to their profile? Thanks.[/quote]

[li]I burnt it all, the link is in my signature[/li][/quote]

Thanks! Did you get any item as a reward?
edited by cathyr19355 on 2/28/2017

I got an elemental secret

It seems the Season of Skies hub is still available to me despite completing the conclusion. Is this true for anyone else? Perhaps I’ll submit a bug report later; it is fairly harmless a bug.

Haha, oh no.

Only after I handed in everything to the Widow did I realize what was going on. If I’m reading this right, they’ll have to nuke Naples to blow the Neath’s roof open. Well, sorry Naples, but I suppose I’m not taking it back.

That makes sense. Thank you again.

Anchoress’s Legacy (on a non-POSI character with a training profession - no idea which of the two accounts for the ‘not the most astute’ variable part).

I have to say, I like all these Quality Variable Decriptions, both here and in the Finishing School.
(It’s a shame that they remain undocumented in Storynexus guide, they’re apparently very useful)
edited by Passionario on 2/28/2017[/quote]

I got one based on my school of thought as well - all three storylets appear basically similar, though.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/J.%20Ward%20Dunn?fromEchoId=11234648

WOO! SPOOKY JUDGEMENT DIMENSION OR BUST! I never liked Naples anyway.

…why does a sun need a throne to sit in, anyway? They’re SUNS. The SS kickstarter depicts them as the conventionally solar kind of sun.

&quotHey Jeff, how long have we been holding up Alpha Centauri’s throne?&quot

&quotShut up, Burt&quot

&quotNo seriously, they have their own gravity wells. They’re physically larger than literally every other chair in the universe. Oh, and THEY DEFINE WHAT IS, which apparently includes the need for someone to hoist up their cosmic Lay-Z-Boys for eternity!&quot

&quotShut up, Burt&quot

&quotIt can’t be for lumbar support, because they don’t have spines! Unlike us. Here I am, a perfectly respectable eldritch titan straight outta Dagon University, working as a glorified coolie for a boss who isn’t physically capable of sittting d-oh right, I guess sitting down IS something suns can do because they decided it should be so&quot

&quotShut up, Burt&quot

&quotSeven treacheries, look at my poor bent knees! LOOK AT THEM! I coulda been a contender in the space football leagues, but this job’s crippled me! That’s it, I quit! Go into the service sector, they said! Work hard and play hard, they said!&quot

&quotBurt. Remember Axile? IF YOU DON’T STOP TALKING OUR BOSS IS GOING TO LITERALLY FIRE US FOR DEFYING THE GREAT CHAIN! AS IN, SET US ON FIRE&quot

&quotBut we don’t even get holidays!&quot

&quotTHERE ARE NO HOLIDAYS IN THE GREAT CHAIN&quot

&quotOh&quot

&quot…&quot

&quot…&quot

&quot…Jeff?&quot

&quotWhat?&quot

&quotYou’re gonna carry that weight&quot

[quote=PSGarak]Of the red science:

The text mentioned &quotthe cleaving of matter.&quot Is this nuclear fusion, with which London will create its own sun? The splitting of atoms was certainly regarded as a subversion of natural law when it was first proposed.

That was a wild ride. This is certainly a worthy conclusion of the excellent season that preceded it. The weight of my decisions gave me pause.

I think the visions were of something more, or something different. Perhaps a view of an actual Judgement, or perhaps a view of a world from the viewpoint of a Judgement.[/quote]

[li]
Which raises VERY interesting implications about the Dawn Machine, and for that matter the Mountain of Light/Stone.

Let’s see-if the former’s emissions and works can be proof against sunlight while the latter was sought after by Salt (and the White), assuming the nuclear fission theory is true what if the former is some kind of eldritch cold fusion reactor while the latter’s cider is some kind of aentropic fuel? [/li][li]
edited by Hattington on 2/28/2017

Judging from the Sunless Skies Kickstarter the throne is for Empress Victoria :O