The Sanguine Ribbon Society

Do feel sorry for the late, reply, M. Hawk, but I have been more that busy on the Surface!
You can add me on that list, but marked as inactive; not that I am, but getting ready for the last Noman preps (Whispers, Nota boosts, etc), getting some chains (and wish to get a Tear and not lose a nice bottle of wine), drawing cards to get my soul back, doing expeditions and so on. So, unfortunately, my AP are really consumed, but I do hope I’ll be able to become an active member around Feb-March next year.

Let the killing begin!

I took the libert of updating the scoreboard table according to “matches to be played” results. Three matches were missing from the results.

Thank you! I made a new sheet with your proposal duels table and some fancy scripting on my part. If you could go fill it (as you said you had a way to fill it in automatically), It’d be much appreciated.

Is collapsingVigil still participating? With 1 match completed, it looks like either inactivity, or very unfortunate sequencing …

I hope collapsingVigil is still in–that’s one of the characters I have yet to spar with.

I hope collapsingVigil is still in–that’s one of the characters I have yet to spar with.[/quote]
According to Karsus he’s inactive. Do the rest of your matches, if he’s not back by the time everyone is done, I’ll end the tournament and announce a champion. Unplayed matches with him will be considered lost by him and won by the other party.

I hope collapsingVigil is still in–that’s one of the characters I have yet to spar with.[/quote]
According to Karsus he’s inactive. Do the rest of your matches, if he’s not back by the time everyone is done, I’ll end the tournament and announce a champion. Unplayed matches with him will be considered lost by him and won by the other party.[/quote]

I just checked the persons who I could send challenges to and collapsingVigil was not on my list, though the other opponents I have not fought with are. (Except for Vortigaunt, to whom I owe a challenge to complete our match; he appears not to be in London at the moment.)

Your idea is good, Mike; to basically consider collapsingVigil to have forfeited his matches by his absence.

The second SRS Tournament is over. We have two new champions:

The Heavyweight Champion: Karsus - http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Karsus

The Lightweight Champion: Kadorath - http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kadorath

The third Tournament is brewing and applying for it will soon be available. Stay tuned!
edited by Mike Hawk on 1/15/2018

Looking forward too it!

Well I’m new here and I don’t mind fighting to the death I’m mostly here to increase my dangerous beyond 150 and apparently there is something that I need in the world of the dead so might as well join the club.

Good day ladies and gentlemen. Hope it’s right thread to sign up for some stabbing. Dr. Priest from my links below needs a lot of stabbing, actually. You are welcome!
edited by curtistruffle on 4/18/2018

Reviving this thread after nearly a year because the society is still active, for those interested in these duels to the death.

Oooh, count me in. Do I reorder the leaderboard myself to reflect my wins, or does someone else want to handle that?

Edit: Oh, uh, looks like the board reorders itself. Neat!
edited by misericordius on 3/10/2019

Edit edit: What’s the &quotApplying for&quot column referring to? I’ll just assume it means &quotC’mon and hit me&quot and not &quotSign me up for the next tournament&quot, and say yes for now…
edited by misericordius on 3/10/2019

Greetings fellow Sanguine Ribbon duellists:

I have just embarked on the Paramount Presence journey, and am looking to acquire London’s Sinew through gaining 50 Sanguine Ribbons. Duelling in a couple SRS Tournaments have netted me a dozen ribbons, but I need more.

If you’re a Society duellist who would like to help me and doesn’t mind entering (and/or cheating) death, do send me an in-game message. I’m happy to coordinate so we can duel in real-time to minimize unexpected trips to the boatman. I’m happy to duel as much/little as you want, given the inconvenience. In return for your help, I’ll send you surprise packages, dinners, wounds healing and other menace reductions, and unlimited invitations to the Temple Club.

Thank you!
edited by Vega on 8/16/2019

[quote=Vega]Greetings fellow Sanguine Ribbon duellists:

I have just embarked on the Paramount Presence journey, and am looking to acquire London’s Sinew through gaining 50 Sanguine Ribbons. Duelling in a couple SRS Tournaments have netted me a dozen ribbons, but I need more.

If you’re a Society duellist who would like to help me and doesn’t mind entering (and/or cheating) death, do send me an in-game message. I’m happy to coordinate so we can duel in real-time to minimize unexpected trips to the boatman. I’m happy to duel as much/little as you want, given the inconvenience. In return for your help, I’ll send you surprise packages, dinners, wounds healing and other menace reductions, and unlimited invitations to the Temple Club.

Thank you![/quote]My delicious, my delicious partner! I can offer you a beneficial collaboration as I too need 50 Ribbons.
Because I kept delaying the moment, I only started gathering them only when the 5th tournament begun and I am short of 42. But the more the merrier!

[quote=Skinnyman][quote=Vega]Greetings fellow Sanguine Ribbon duellists:

Thank you![/quote]My delicious, my delicious partner! I can offer you a beneficial collaboration as I too need 50 Ribbons.
Because I kept delaying the moment, I only started gathering them only when the 5th tournament begun and I am short of 42. But the more the merrier![/quote]

I too, am embarking on the journey to Paramount Presence. I have 31 Sanguine Ribbons to go, so I’ll be happy to take on whoever is interested!

I have an alt, so no need to worry about my menaces.

[quote=Vega]Greetings fellow Sanguine Ribbon duellists:

Thank you!
edited by Vega on 8/16/2019[/quote]

I’d be happy to assist you in your endeavor in exchange for a few invitations. I can’t promise I’ll respond right away, however, what with the Festival going on as of late.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Lord%20Misfortune
edited by Misfortune on 8/20/2019

I have taken up blade, lance, club, rifle, and mangler-piece and respectfully wish to join any and all in unbridled bloodshed.

Yrs,
Tyrconnell

I’d like to thank to my fellow SRS duellists, Skinnyman, Solange Dovera-Rooke, and Lord Misfortune, for helping me to achieve 50 Sanguine Ribbons and London’s Sinew. Collectively they fought almost 60 duels over 2 months, all “honest” (no matches were thrown), and graciously allowed me to receive 35 ribbons from their fallen bodies. Certainly they acquired ribbons from my death, but I think I gained more.

(In the process, I discovered some interesting RNG patterns, not all of it equitable – or so it seemed: I could also be reading too much pattern into true randomness. Something to test in future.)

So THANK YOU for your assistance, sacrifice, friendly interactions, and being such upstanding Society members! Death was but a small inconvenience compared to the delight of engaging with such worthy gentlepersons. I have achieved London’s Sinew but am more than happy to keep on duelling anyone who needs ribbons.

I’m happy to duel. If you need London’s Sinew, I’m probably a good opponent, since I seem to lose more often than I win.I’m cathyr19355 in Fallen London