The reputation compilation

Huh. When I looked earlier these were still locked. The stat requirements seem a little off to me - the Watchful one tells me I need 203 and the Persuasive one says 197. :)

I just saw that the Persuasive one requires the Parabola Linen Suit. I’ve “upgraded” mine at the Cave of the Nadir and now it doesn’t count towards this any more. That’s annoying, but no matter - I shall probably go after the Watchful one anyway.

Still it’ll be some time before I qualify for these as I’m still repairing damage to stats done by Seeking. Shame since I somehow have Notability 6 at the moment. Might not see that level of notability again for some time. :)

The stat requirements are 200 + bonus from gear.
edited by Flyte on 12/12/2013

Of course. My gear is heavily loaded towards one particular stat right now so the adjustments to those two are rather small and I never realised. That makes sense.[li]

Better get back to raising my Watchful back up to the dizzying heights that Seeking dragged it down from. :)

The Persuasive one seems to require that I have a Parabola-Linen Suit -and- Frock - which is a bit awkward, because, well, if you can fit into both of them, I’m all for it, but the Frock’s a bit narrow in the shoulders for me! (Actually, I’ll probably aim for the Persuasive quality for Esther, and she’s a long way off such exalted heights, but it seems a funny sort of requirement.)

Im at 180 persuasive due to spending about 1000 confident smiles on stat increases. But personaly im going for watchful.

Sir Fred The persuasive one says - “Note that you need either a Frock or a Suit, not both!”

I think I’ll probably go for the dangerous option myself, if I ever get my stats and Notability high enough.

Ah! Handy - either I missed that, or it popped up after my first read of the story (and I’m not suggesting for a moment that the former isn’t the more likely option!)

I wonder if these will serve any purpose appart from cosmetic. Possibly some end-end-endgame stuff later on?

The persuasive one tells me I need Persuasive 255. That’s…rather high. I currently have 228. [li]

Edit: Ah, got it. Ok, working on my caps now!
edited by OScarletO on 12/12/2013

The way these thing work is that you NEED 200 in your NON BOOSTED stats. 200 with no +'s. If you have anything equipped that boosts stats then it will boost the required ammount of stats so you HAVE to be at 200 in non boosted.[li]

Alexis you sneaky bastard! What is a “Paramount precense”?!
Wild guess: It’s get 200 in ALL stats.

[quote=Blackleaf]Alexis you sneaky bastard! What is a &quotParamount precense&quot?!
Wild guess: It’s get 200 in ALL stats.[/quote]

[li]
Where is Paramount presence?

[quote=Scarlet Fenwick][quote=Blackleaf]Alexis you sneaky bastard! What is a &quotParamount precense&quot?!
Wild guess: It’s get 200 in ALL stats.[/quote]

[li]
Where is Paramount presence?[/quote]
If you hover over anything requiring &quotPerson of some importance&quot (( The gem icon )) you will find it listed as one of the levels in the &quotPerson of some importance&quot stat.[/li][li]For example, &quotAwait the unsigned letter&quot in &quotWrite a letter&quot in your lodgings.[/li][li]
edited by Blackleaf on 12/12/2013

Hover over the POSI icon - there is a list now
A Significant Individual
A Paramount Presence
A Shattering Force
A Legendary Charisma
An Invisible Eminence
An Extraordinary Mind

I think the first one is what we have now, the last four relate to the different stats and the Paramount Presence is a mystery, unless there it is going to be a signifier of all 4 stats.

I’m not sure about before 170, but I know for a fact that it know takes 70 change points instead of 50 to increase a level after 170.

Some of my stats are still below 170 and it requires 70 CP per level. Those stats are at 118 and 112, so I’d say 100+ requires 70.[li]

My main qualities cost 60 CP to raise, not 50. But yes, I noticed that at least my formerly capped Watchful now costs 70 CP to raise. I guess I might just throw my Sudden Insights at it so I’ll have a reason to play chess again.

[quote=NinjaComedian]I just saw that the Persuasive one requires the Parabola Linen Suit. I’ve &quotupgraded&quot mine at the Cave of the Nadir and now it doesn’t count towards this any more. That’s annoying …[/quote]I thought the same thing when I noticed that I’d need Neathglass Goggles to hunt down a magician for Mr Inch. But then I remembered the nifty thing about upgrading items in the cave: Their sell value doubles, so you can sell them back at the same cost and buy the original item with only the loss of the Action and opportunity card spent in the cave. Or just upgrade and sell after you’re done with the item. So it’s no big deal, really. Not like having to pay a lot of Echoes that you’ll never see again.

I wonder if it’s even possible to get 5,600 cp of Watchful before my notability fades. Sounds like a challenge.

I’m glad we get different titles for certain levels of stats now. Hover over your stat icons on the sidebars to read your new titles!

That may depend upon how many Sudden Insights and/or Confident Smiles you have and how lucky you are. (Confident Smiles boost Persuasive most, but also boost Watchful and Shadowy a bit).

I’ve spent about 20 Sudden Insights so far and have gotten my Watchful up to 182. I spent about 50 Confident Smiles and got Persuasive to 186 (starting from 180).

If you have a boatload of Insights and Smiles, getting to 200 in a week shouldn’t be a problem; if you don’t, it will be more challenging.
edited by cathyr19355 on 12/12/2013