The Railway

Trying to get the Bessomer Steel needed to build the railroad. In Brawling with Dockers there’s a crate you can accept from Iron and Misery with Bessomer Steel in it, but you need Railway 30. Is &quotrailway&quot found under Venture on the character sheet? If not, how do I get it? I’ve already gotten the opening card, so I’m technically involved in a railway venture, I think. Best ways to get Bessomer Steel? Which category should I be looking at for Railway?

You can find your ‘Involved in a Railway Venture’ quality in your Myself tab, under Stories. There will be a lot of things there (Story qualities are quite hard to find for that reason), but they are listed alphabetically, so scroll down to ‘I’ for Involved.

To get to ‘Involved in a Railway Venture’ 30 you need to progress the Railway story a bit, but I do not believe you need to have actually laid any track yet.

According to the Wiki, 30 is:
30: You’ve negotiated with Hell to remove bureaucratic disputes about building track from Moloch Street Station

So it seems you just need to progress a little further, then you’ll be able to get it at the docks.
When I started the railway, Brawling with Dockers wasn’t a thing. I got my Bessemer Steel mostly from a particular heist that you start in Parabola.

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Actually, you don’t need 30, you just need the quality at any level, I just looked. [/color]

You get the quality by becoming a shareholder and director. That happens pretty much right after completing the card, as I recall. So just one or two steps and you can get the steel at the Blind Helmsman.
edited by Plynkes on 9/9/2021

[quote=Plynkes]

So just one or two steps and you can get the steel at the Blind Helmsman.
edited by Plynkes on 9/9/2021[/quote]

I did get the initial card inviting me to join the railway venture, but I don’t have the ability yet to actually do anything with it, and I haven’t seen any options. Am I just waiting for another card to come along or is there something I can actually do? There are a lot of pages linked on the wiki from the &quotInvolved&quot page, but I have no idea where or how to do any of them.

You need to become a director to move forward. There are a bunch of options, but I think most of them are for people that have completed their ambitions. I did it the other day with an alt (created to try out a different ambition to my main, but who has not completed it yet), and picked the option that required Society favours, Notability and Respectable. If that option is not showing I don’t know what to tell you.

Edit: These are options that should appear on the card, by the way, didn’t really make that clear.
edited by Plynkes on 9/9/2021

“Advertisements of a New Venture” is the card you’re talking about, right? It should have two informational options and five options to actually proceed. Three of them are specific ambition ending items, but the other two are just money or favours. It doesn’t matter which you choose, and favours are much easier to get than scrip before you start.

I’ve got a better handle on this now. All I need is Notability 5 and I can become the director who secretly owns half the company. Got the scrip and everything. I’m trying to find out how Notable I am, but I can’t find it on my character sheet anywhere. Is it on there?

There’s an equation in the wiki about how to make the Amanuensis come to your house. I need to know what my notability is to solve the equation. Making Waves [20 - ( B+ D+ R) + 4 * N]
edited by Nikita Nopants on 9/23/2021

[quote=Nikita Nopants]I’ve got a better handle on this now. All I need is Notability 5 and I can become the director who secretly owns half the company. Got the scrip and everything. I’m trying to find out how Notable I am, but I can’t find it on my character sheet anywhere. Is it on there?

There’s an equation in the wiki about how to make the Amanuensis come to your house. I need to know what my notability is to solve the equation. Making Waves [20 - ( B+ D+ R) + 4 * N]
edited by Nikita Nopants on 9/23/2021[/quote]

You should be able to see it in the list on the left of your screen on a computer, and in the list undder the three bars at the top left on a phone.

If you don’t see it right below Bizarre, then it’s zero, and you can’t make the card appear without drawing it. An acquaintance can send you one point to get you started, though