The Playful Prodigy and the Princess' Intent...

I started the fate-locked story named ‘The Gift’, and I was not disappointed. I have come far, since then. Spent a lot of energy, suffered both nightmares and wounds, and expended some fairly valuable items. But now I have come to the end of the line, and I find myself faced with three possible paths… and uncertain about the consequences of each. Normally, I would query the wiki concerning such matters, but alas, fate-locked content is barred from there.

So, putting matters in spoiler-tags as the rules command…

I can either let the Playful Prodigy feed on me, distract her and her sister so the Toothed Shadow can get to them, or try to talk the Princess out of succumbing you her dark hungers.

Can anyone who has played this storyline clue me in to possible rewards and consequences for each option? I would have to have come this far just to get a ‘bad end’. My curiosity pushes me towards the first option, but I fear how badly THAT might end…

There is no bad end, except, perhaps, in the moral sense. Would you encourage someone to indulge themselves so?

Depends on whether I stand to profit from it… which seems unlikely when I’m the one being indulged, so to speak. I am a heartless, ruthless sort of individual, but I am not adverse to doing good if there is advantage to be gained from it.

Well, you’ll gain an influential and unscrupulous ally. And lose a less-influential, but more moral, potential ally. So, well, that might suit you in the long term.

Should note, though, that the more moral Ally opens an option gaining favors among those who are more difficult to do so with.

It sounds to me like the two less… unpleasant-sounding options lead to much the same result, no? Well, I picked one of them, regardless. Hopefully, this will prove profitable in time. Seems like it might take a while before these particular chickens come home to roost, though…