The Neath. What does this mean?

Free of Surface Ties - A citizen below
You are a true child of the Neath. There is nothing left for you on the surface now.

Not too long ago, I got this achievement. Do not ask me how, because I really do not know. I am going to guess it is not something damaging, as I would have seen some effect of it by now, but I am not sure.

Could someone explain to me what this means? I am completely lost.

Basically it’s a quality you get when you finish the Free of Surface Ties storyline. You get that storyline through opportunity cards that establish how your character feels about coming to the Neath. Do you miss the surface? Do find the Neath fascinating? Horrifying? That sort of thing. With ‘A citizen below’ that indicates you picked options that reflect an affinity with the Neath and Fallen London, you spurn the surface and will make your home below.

Mechanically it doesn’t do much but grant you access to an opportunity card with options tailored to your choice.

It stops a couple of the prologue cards appearing, and unlocks a few more. Apart from that, it’s really just another quality.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks so much! I am still kind of new to the game.

It’s nothing to worry about - it shows you’ve completed the four entry-level ‘Recalling the surface’ stories (cards about your past - an old lover, someone looking for you etc). Having this quality opens up the first set of major storylines.

Edit: apologies for being slow!
edited by Màiread on 6/25/2016

[quote=Màiread]It’s nothing to worry about - it shows you’ve completed the four entry-level ‘Recalling the surface’ stories (cards about your past - an old lover, someone looking for you etc). Having this quality opens up the first set of major storylines.

Edit: apologies for being slow!
edited by Màiread on 6/25/2016[/quote]

It is quite alright. I didn’t expect replies so soon!

Thanks for your help guys :)

I always wondered what keeping your surface ties did.

[quote=Larquebus]Basically it’s a quality you get when you finish the Free of Surface Ties storyline. You get that storyline through opportunity cards that establish how your character feels about coming to the Neath. Do you miss the surface? Do find the Neath fascinating? Horrifying? That sort of thing. With ‘A citizen below’ that indicates you picked options that reflect an affinity with the Neath and Fallen London, you spurn the surface and will make your home below.

Mechanically it doesn’t do much but grant you access to an opportunity card with options tailored to your choice.[/quote]

according to the wiki, &quota citizen below&quot is the only quality. the card in question (weather at last) does have options that reflect different feelings towards the neath, but you can pick any of them.