the masters of the bazar

Hey there, is mr barcleycorne also some kind of master and where can i find out more about the story of the halved? Does the mark he gives actually do something?

there are a lot of references to a cult of people who wear the eye in the sunless universe. can you point me in the direction where i can actually find out more about them?

i curious what happened to the masters…

[spoiler]It is not so much that Mr. Barleycorn and Co. are Masters, as that the Masters of the Bazaar are Curators. You can find more about them and their history by talking with Mr. Menagerie. (N.B. Mr. Menagerie will only make his circuit once per lineage. If you’ve missed some opportunities, you may need to start a new bloodline to hear them again.)

The Halved and the Eye are related. Seek answers in Eleutheria.[/spoiler]

Wait, what?

Once i thought that the curators could be masters or they could be something like the Vake (or the Vake is also a Master?)
But… the curators seem to be so mindless with their strange eggs…and not powerfull enough to be something like the masters.

Or… are there different kinds of curators?
ok… i will talk to mr. menagerie and start a new bloodline if i must.

If you want, you can use the wiki to see Mr. Menagrie’s info/text.

yes, i did that. starting all over again with a new bloodline would be to time - consuming. There are some interesting things in there. But i still don’t know how this is all connected. My assumption would be that there was some kind of downfall of the curators. That the ones you actually meet in the sky are only mindless beasts.

They’re not necessarily mindless just because they’re hostile. They might just want to protect their space egg collections from space trains.

Precisely. Nothing in their behavior is more ‘mindless’ than that of the hostile locomotives one encounters. Sentience doesn’t mean liking you.

Also, if you’ve killed a Curator, you know that they carry on themselves accouterments that would make no sense for a thoughtless beast. Even their name tells you that they are collectors (and thoughtful collectors), not just space-beasts.

[quote=Spielesocke]Once i thought that the curators could be masters or they could be something like the Vake (or the Vake is also a Master?)
But… the curators seem to be so mindless with their strange eggs…and not powerfull enough to be something like the masters. [/quote]The Vake is a Master of the Bazaar, and so belongs to the species classification of &quotCurator&quot. Curators can sometimes contract themselves as servants to a Messenger. Mr Barleycorn was formerly contracted with the dead Messenger that is now the House of Rods and Chains, while the Masters of the Bazaar are those Curators contracted to the Bazaar, which is a Messenger. The Curators encountered elsewhere in the High Wilderness are more likely wild Curators trying to live independently, and so are understandably hostile when you intrude onto their territory.

The Curators are weaker than one may expect, but the difficulty of killing a Master in the Neath is overcome by human technological ingenuity. For instance, from the reference point of humans, Curators are blindingly fast in flight, but they move fairly slowly in Sunless Skies. It’s reasonable, especially given the scale of the High Wilderness, that locomotives are much faster than the technologies available in the Neath. Locomotives are also far more durable than humans and, given the extreme conditions of the High Wilderness, likely more durable than the naval technology of the Neath. An individual Curator should still, like a Master, be able to annihilate a human in single combat, but the technologies of Sunless Skies help even the playing field.