The Lady

I understand that the lady of the deeps is one of the &quotGods&quot of sunless sea, along with Salt, Storm, Stone and to a lesser extent the Fathomking ( him being blood-related to the gods as well as him being immortal kind of makes him into one). What does the lady’s territory include? Also, what’s this about the &quotLady’s Mantle&quot? kinda keep on bumping the stuff everytime I play and it kinda creeps me out so I never did try to see if I die immediately if I dived deeper into it.

If you dive deeper in the abysses, you’ll be fine. A failed event only means a mere 10 hull damage.

There’s a ritual that needs to be done in the correct order if you want to acquire a special item that’ll add 10 Pages to every new Captain.

So I recommend doing it as a finishing move for a Captain or dedicate an entire run to finding the abysses and diving in them and seeing if you can get the correct order.

The orders are completely randomized, mind- so you should probably only bother if you’ve got at least a decent safety-net of echoes.

I already got the book. This is more of a general question; Who is she? if she is one of the divine, how far does her influence go? Territories reached? How is she connected to the other divines? And what is this thing called &quotthe Lady’s Mantle&quot that I keep on bumping into everytime I play? Is this her power enveloping the underzee? And all that jazz…

Storm, Stone, and Salt are the only Gods of the Zee. The Fathomking and Lady Black are clearly both Powers, as are other entities like the Dawn Machine, the Lorn-Flukes, and Mr Eaten; I’d say that Gods are a subset of Powers. I don’t think there’s any clear answers right now as to what her deal is or her origin, but her domain seems to be the bottom of the zee. I don’t think I’ve seen the &quotLady’s Mantle&quot though, what is it?
edited by Optimatum on 11/7/2016

[quote=Marsha Glade]There’s a ritual that needs to be done in the correct order if you want to acquire a special item that’ll add 10 Pages to every new Captain.

So I recommend doing it as a finishing move for a Captain or dedicate an entire run to finding the abysses and diving in them and seeing if you can get the correct order.[/quote]

Not having done that questline yet… are you saying it ends with your captain’s death, and, if so, does it count as a death for the purpose of unlocking the Labyrinth of Tigers?

I don’t know about the latter, but I went through the Rites on a file with manual saves and it did trigger a bit of a Game Over screen where I could pick stuff to pass onto the next Captain.

No. As far as I know it does not unlock whatever your looking for, since I myself am only hearing about this &quotlabyrinth of tigers&quot the first time. Doing the abysses though will definitely end your current captain, so finish whatever you wanna do first before doing this.

[quote=Optimatum]Storm, Stone, and Salt are the only Gods of the Zee. The Fathomking and Lady Black are clearly both Powers, as are other entities like the Dawn Machine, the Lorn-Flukes, and Mr Eaten; I’d say that Gods are a subset of Powers. I don’t think there’s any clear answers right now as to what her deal is or her origin, but her domain seems to be the bottom of the zee. I don’t think I’ve seen the &quotLady’s Mantle&quot though, what is it?
edited by Optimatum on 11/7/2016[/quote]

Really? If I remember correctly, was she not a pagan goddess that was worshipped long ago? (specially since you’ve gotta go do some rituals to meet Lady Black). Kinda like worshipping Titans before the greek gods arrived. And also, there’s this swirling carpet of darkness that you can sometimes find at the underzee. Your Log book will say that one of your crew will identify it as the Lady’s Mantle and it definitely is creepy, so everytime I see one, I just skirt around and have not experimented wether it would kill me slowly or not if I go in deep.I’ve only seen this around twice in chelonate and once around the low barnet.
edited by Cpt.ErikTheWhite on 11/8/2016

Oh the dark spots while underwater!
I think it’s the Unterzee equivalent of fog since it makes it hard to see anything and affects firing solution time and if I didn’t always have the lights off, probably makes Terror skyrocket.

It does not increment “Captains Lost”. I specifically noticed that when I did it. Your captain really does go to live with her in her underwater realm.

[quote=Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook][quote=Marsha Glade]There’s a ritual that needs to be done in the correct order if you want to acquire a special item that’ll add 10 Pages to every new Captain.

So I recommend doing it as a finishing move for a Captain or dedicate an entire run to finding the abysses and diving in them and seeing if you can get the correct order.[/quote]

Not having done that questline yet… are you saying it ends with your captain’s death, and, if so, does it count as a death for the purpose of unlocking the Labyrinth of Tigers?[/quote]

The questline only ends in death if you want the legacy item. It’s perfectly possible to complete the quest and not die, otherwise.

As far as I can tell, the ‘Lady’s Mantle’ is just an (impressive) visual effect and absolutely nothing else, it does not even increase terror. Although it looks impressive enough to made me warily circle it for twenty minutes the first time I encountered it :)

Edit: Spelling, and the afterthought that even if it might act the same as fog concerning Firing Solutions, I’m in no position to notice right now as my current kapitanja’s Mirrors are way too high to make a difference anyway.
edited by Reshemin on 11/8/2016