The Incomplete Guide to The Feast of the Rose

I’m pretty sure that was dancing at Mrs Plenty’s carnival. You also get a free Puzzle-Damask on the rare success that grants masquing. The main guide should definitely talk about the exciting changes that happen there during the Feast.

[quote=Cecil ]On Valentine’s Day IIRC, that may want to be mentioned. Also, I’ll double check.

Definitely:

edited by Cecil on 1/11/2016[/quote]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]We don’t automate our content releases: a writer has to be present when it goes live. This means most content releases are at around noon GMT on Mon-Thur, never at weekends, and generally not on Fridays. :)[/color]

ok, thanks for the answer

You know, I didn’t realise Valentine’s this year was on a weekend! Which is silly because I’m already making plans…

I would like to note that after two years of doing this and not exchanging any gifts, it is incredibly easy to get all non-fate companions just from the basic feast card options/the rare successes from the carnival.

Dancing at the carnival is an excellent way to earn Echoes as well. I believe I was averaging around 2.5 EPA last year on it.

Ah, the perfumed pleasure garden! Also an excellent source of Hedonist for would-be scarlet saints, or so I’m told.

Does anyone know if the rare success on the wheel of pleasure returns a capped point masqueing or an entire uncapped one? I know it’s a rare success, so it’s not exactly likely to be able to get a devil, but… free masqueing is free masqueing.

Also, what items should i be hoarding for gifting? I’m going to look it up, but more info is always better.

@Grenem: Didn’t Cecil mention upthread that all the successes were capped now? And Nigel’s OP tells what items are used for gifts.

– Mal

[quote=malthaussen]@Grenem: Didn’t Cecil mention upthread that all the successes were capped now? And Nigel’s OP tells what items are used for gifts.

– Mal[/quote]
Nevermind, i found it.

A new question: i was wondering what you could buy those gifts for. Do i need to stockpile inklings of identity, or would hoarding cryptic clues be wiser? should i gather prisoner’s honey, or are romantic notions more useful? etc.
edited by Grenem on 1/11/2016
edited by Grenem on 1/11/2016

It’s important to note that you don’t necessarily need a lot of gifts: last year I got 20 Masquing just from the card, and you could only spend another 10 points of gifts on companions.

Also, stat-wise the companions available without Fate are so not different than the others; the Fate companions should be regarded as roleplaying choices and not economic “necessity.”

In other words: the Feast is fun and not an attempt to suck money out of our pockets (thank you, FBG!).

True: I managed all of the non-Fate companions but the Ape last year exchanging very few gifts and mostly gaining my masquing via the cards.

That’s so good to know. With this coming up in a month, I was beginning to wonder if I’d made a mistake with my “no social actions” policy. It’s good to know I can gain masqueing on my own.

If you want the fate-locked ones, though, you’re gonna need to trade gifts, and want to trade for the fate-free ones before you trade for the fated ones. regardless, you can get everything free this time. (also worth noting that it’s impossible to give broken gifts.)

Hmmm…well, are we allowed to have one of our accounts buy the fate and then send the gifts to another account? Or is that cheating?

I really want to get all the companions I can (except for maybe the Educated Gentleman, because he’s a POS :P ) and I’d rather not impose on my tiny social circle.

[quote=Kukapetal]Hmmm…well, are we allowed to have one of our accounts buy the fate and then send the gifts to another account? Or is that cheating?

I really want to get all the companions I can (except for maybe the Educated Gentleman, because he’s a POS :P ) and I’d rather not impose on my tiny social circle.[/quote]
I am led to believe you are.

That’s a very nice guide ! However, it says very little about what you need to do to get the tattoo.

I probably won’t be playing much at this time. So what should I do if I’m only interested in the tatoo ? Do I simply have to draw the Lady in Lilac card and then wait for the end of the Feast ?

[quote=Parelle]Also, it’s worth mentioning that masquing can be also obtained at A Masqued Revel opportunity card and is one of the few in game uses of having a spouse.[/quote]This is no longer a card. It is now an option on The Feast of the Rose opportunity card.

[quote=Lemexis]That’s a very nice guide ! However, it says very little about what you need to do to get the tattoo.

I probably won’t be playing much at this time. So what should I do if I’m only interested in the tattoo ? Do I simply have to draw the Lady in Lilac card and then wait for the end of the Feast ?[/quote]I purposely left out all the steps so as not to spoil the storylet.
Simply make sure to get your &quotEntwined in the Intrigues of the Clathermont Family&quot quality up to 8 before the Feast and follow the story from the Lilac card. After that, each step of the story is pretty self explanatory. Just follow the storylet until you get to Millicent’s Parlour.
edited by Nigel Overstreet on 1/12/2016

Am I wrong in thinking the highest you can get “Entwined in the Intrigues of the Clathermont Family” prior to the Feast is 9? Going up to 10 (from 8 or 9) seems to actually happen in the “News at Clathermont’s” storylet, which only appears during the Feast.

Do the various items, like Gift of Scorn/Admitation, and the non-equipment items disappear after the feast, or can you keep them?

And, do any of the companions unlock Opportunity cards? I know that two have Salon options.
[li]And, does trading for Masqing with Fate items trade them en mass, or is it one by one. I don’t want to accidentally trade away a Luxuriantly Coiffed Sorrow Spider that I plan on getting, if I’m just trying to get a few extra points Masquing.
edited by th8827 on 1/11/2016

[quote=metasynthie]Am I wrong in thinking the highest you can get &quotEntwined in the Intrigues of the Clathermont Family&quot prior to the Feast is 9? Going up to 10 (from 8 or 9) seems to actually happen in the &quotNews at Clathermont’s&quot storylet, which only appears during the Feast.[/quote]Good catch and amended.

[quote=th8827]Do the various items, like Gift of Scorn/Admitation, and the non-equipment items disappear after the feast, or can you keep them?[/quote]No.

[quote=th8827]And, do any of the companions unlock Opportunity cards? I know that two have Salon options.
]And, does trading for Masqing with Fate items trade them en mass, or is it one by one.[/quote]]No and one by one.