The Icarus In Black

And another thought

By the way I really don’t like the sound of how her story evolves. I guess I just got used to completed storylines ending in upgraded Officers. I wonder if I would be able to get her back from the Fathomking. Not sure how much I want to deal with him, he is really annoying me with the Father’s Bones ambition

edited by reveurciel on 1/5/2015

I tried resurrecting her with his Complexity, doesn’t work. Not even an option.

This actually makes me want to besiege the Presbyteriate. I’ve already killed a cell of Prester John’s Ninjas, Icarus In Black whispers that I can kill much, much more.
edited by Bardigan on 1/5/2015

Is it that only those who die at sea can be found with the fathomking?
I wonder if her story would have triggered at all if you don’t feed her coffee sorbet, like with the magician and campaigner. If all of our officers were like them, with a limited lifespan tied to time the healer, then one would have to spend each game first tending to those stricken crew instead of doing other quests one the islands, which…was a bit worrying. I had my magician die on me and I’d do a great deal to avoid that with anyone else - if it wasn’t for that awful serpent image–!

[li](I personally think that game mechanism is really affecting, and a very strong bit of narrative for my captain, but there’re about ten officers who might have all have lengthy personal quests, and seventy captivating treasures would be hard to get. I’d love to see all of their storylines, but I would prefer that the game allows the player to chose when to begin them - I got the impression that the campaigner dies at a set Time the healer value, so if I only found her late in the game, I’d be SUPER SAD if she keels over as soon as I leave port.[/li][li]
edited by fortluna on 1/5/2015

In the case of the adventuress I can assure you that she will not die if you do not start her quest, and even if you do only if you choose to complete it.

edited by Owen Wulf on 1/6/2015

Would be great if we were given the choice of sailing up the river of Adam’s Way and overthrowing the College of Mortality.

You can permanently ruin or isolate the City of Varchas, vastly increase the Dawn Machine’s power and destroy the Sorrow Spider court of the Tree of Seasons and end their cult relationship with humanity, what’s another big political upheaval to your Captain?
edited by Bardigan on 1/6/2015

[quote=Bardigan]… destroy the Sorrow Spider court of the Tree of Seasons and end their cult relationship with humanity, what’s another big political upheaval to your Captain?
edited by Bardigan on 1/6/2015[/quote]

Can you mail me how to do that please?

edited by Owen Wulf on 1/6/2015

[quote=Owen Wulf][quote=Bardigan]… destroy the Sorrow Spider court of the Tree of Seasons and end their cult relationship with humanity, what’s another big political upheaval to your Captain?
edited by Bardigan on 1/6/2015[/quote]

Can you mail me how to do that please?

edited by Owen Wulf on 1/6/2015[/quote]

Just did, enjoy. Although I don’t really recommend it unless you’re role-playing a very moral and heroic Captain.

Here’s a link to those interested:

edited by Bardigan on 1/6/2015