The Hunt in Forgotten Quarter

Looks like a major hunt is going on in the Forgotten Quarter. I managed to escape devils thrice just to find myself each time in a state of confusion, and the dire consequences on dreams…
Would anybody have an idea about when this Hunt will stop?

You need to reacquire your soul

Oh! Interesting… So, where did I put the d**ned thing ? Not having a soul was a pretty good way to get contracts from the relicker, though. How unfortunate…
Is the Hunt permanent ? I do not hope so. If it isn’t, how could I know it’s over. If it is, it’s very unfortunate indeed. If I recall correctly, getting back one’s soul is contingent to (i) drawing the right card and (ii) coughing up 15 Fate, which seems a bit steep a price just to be able to go back the Quarter…
edited by Evariste S. Crumbledon on 6/8/2016

yup, you sold the devils faulty merchandise. They are Not Happy. If they catch you bad things happen, but you can go back in

It is related to Seeking content, which was reimplemented today. If you are not Seeking, I don’t think that the hunt is supposed to affect you.

If you have Unaccountably Pekkish, try getting that down to 0.

If you are lucky you can get your soul back in a Bundle of Oddities. One’s Public or Piracy at Zee are said to be good options given the value you need. If you flip cards at Wolfstack Docks you can also use the Bundle of Fourth City Rags option on the Ragman’s Barge.

Well (ahah), I sold my soul once, found it back, lost it and found it again 7 times, and did manage to sell it again last Hallowmas, stains and all, to acquire the 5-card lodging I was missing. Mmh… Thank you Lady Ciel for your gracious suggestions.

What are the requirements for the hunt to begin? Is it a stained soul, or something simpler?

A stained soul, an infernal contract, and I heard someone say that it doesn’t begin if you are on the fate locked story(it’s free in SMEN where you need to lose your soul a bunch of times), probably so they don’t appear while you are getting your soul back, because of this the only way for them to appear is to sell your soul on hallowmas.

edit:your very own infernal contract, of course.
edited by The Master on 6/8/2016

I think the requirements are not having a soul when it is fully stained but it might be a good idea to avoid the FQ while you are going through the process of staining your soul just in case.

[quote=Evariste S. Crumbledon]Looks like a major hunt is going on in the Forgotten Quarter. I managed to escape devils thrice just to find myself each time in a state of confusion, and the dire consequences on dreams…
Would anybody have an idea about when this Hunt will stop?[/quote]
When they catch you, if the check is failed, they’ll take all infernal possesions- from souls up- some rare items- and return your soul. so i say with only a tiny hint of sarcasm, lucky you!