The Honey-Well: Dauntless Temperance Headquarters

Annnd with Lady Sapho’s generous donation, it seems Mademoiselle has reached the limits of her influence, at least for this first round. Thank you very much, everyone!

Feel free to keep requesting, though. -Someone- has to deal with all those bottles of liquor, after all.

I’m in need of getting my fixer influence improved. Please add me to your contacts so I can help you keep on the right side of the law.

btw, I think it would be helpful if we made a list of all the opposing Agitators.

…on second thought, I intend to switch to campaigner. Being a fixer is an exercise in frustration, and unless they mechanically overhaul it, isn’t worth the time.

For any frustrated Fixers;

For the rest of the week (possibly next week if warranted) I will give myself scandal and suspicion on an ongoing basis so as to remain a valid target for fixing at all times.

Hope this helps!

I have been hard at work recruiting in one of the discord servers, and I also thank Anne for her generous donations to the cause! I also happen to have more than enough echoes to donate, so solicit away

[quote=Veeb][quote=Wicked223][quote=Anne Auclair]
Also, don’t sneeze at writing the occasional letter to your contacts asking them to support the DTC. I’ve had a reasonable amount of success doing that.[/quote]

Maybe one of the more literary supporters could write some campaign literature, for that purpose?[/quote]

&quotFriend, I regret to inform you that London is in dire straits. Despite the promises of Sinning Jenny, the poor of the city remain oppressed by the wealthy and powerful. They are subjugated by factory bosses who underpay them for their labor and by landlords who overcharge them for their rent; is it any wonder that these wretched conditions drive them to the easy escapes of drink and honey or the easy money of spirifage? In order to right London’s wrongs we must dissolve this whole vicious system. It’s Teatime for London: won’t you join us at the table?&quot[/quote]
That’s really good!

This is the letter template that I often use:

Come one, come all, to Tyrant’s Gardens, to hear a most ELEVATING and FORTIFYING lecture on PUBLIC and PRIVATE MORALITY by the DAUNTLESS TEMPERANCE CAMPAIGNER! Learn of the TERRIFYING EFFECTS THAT HONEY ADDICTION, ABSINTHE CONSUMPTION, STRANGE MEAT, and INDECENT ENTERTAINMENTS HAVE ALREADY HAD on our fair city! ILL HEALTH, ASSAULT, ROBBERY, SOULLESSNESS, PECKISHNESS – these are but a FEW of the social ills that have befallen London as a result!

Help in combating these SOCIAL EVILS through a RIGORIOUS CAMPAIGN FOR SOBER AND HEALTHY LIVING. Come add your voices to the shout. Together we shall PULL LONDON’S SOCKS UP! FOR EVERYBODY!

OOC: I hereby entreat you to throw your support behind the Dauntless Temperance Campaigner for Mayor :)

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic24325-election--the-dauntless-temperance-campaigner.aspx

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic24470-the-honeywell-dauntless-temperance-headquarters.aspx

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic24454-dauntless-donations-for-the-temperance-campaign.aspx

I also think it might be worthwhile to circulate Feducci’s Hallowmas Confession to newer players:

[quote=Feducci’s Hallowmas Confession]&quotEt in Arbour Ego&quot

A terse confession on yellowing pages, describing a duel Feducci lost in the Elder Continent. As forfeit, he swore to complete a gruelling pilgrimage to the brambled city of Arbour. Feducci was a celebrated figure, attended by lovers, well-wishers and flatterers. Many begged to accompany him, and a company of seventy-seven embarked with pennants, wine, and song.

The roads they travelled were long-abandoned, haunted by hungry things. They skirted the fringes of the Desert of Eyes. They traversed viperous jungles. One by one, Feducci’s companions fell, but he refused to turn back. When he reached the rosebrick gate, he was alone.[/quote]

I think there’s an echo from Ambition: Nemesis or something similar that outright states he’s the Presbyterate’s man in London, though I don’t have it on hand…

[quote=Wicked223][quote=Anne Auclair]

I also think it might be worthwhile to circulate Feducci’s Hallowmas Confession to newer players
[/quote]

I think there’s an echo from Ambition: Nemesis or something similar that outright states he’s the Presbyterate’s man in London, though I don’t have it on hand…[/quote]
Does anyone have an echo of that?

btw, we won’t know until next week whether we’re winning the election, but we seem to be winning all the forum debates by making converts. Hats off to Azothi, Corvo, and Terrier.

Does anyone have an echo of that?[/quote]
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/ShowMore/434443/EventConclusion?contentKey=15023

Quick pitch,
can anyone help me reach the echo that explains the DTC’s friendship with March? I believe it was the Illuminated Gentleman’s confession, but now I’m not sure anymore.

Hey, you used my ironically fanatical slogan! Awesome!

It seems to me that Feducci supporters mostly know what they’re in for, but supporters of the Detective are often idealists who may be disturbed to learn about her connection to the Fingerkings.

Hello, just like to register my services here as an agitator. This looks interesting, and I’m keen to get involved.

Hey, you used my ironically fanatical slogan! Awesome!

It seems to me that Feducci supporters mostly know what they’re in for, but supporters of the Detective are often idealists who may be disturbed to learn about her connection to the Fingerkings.[/quote]
Yes, I found your quote absolutely admirable, I hope I have your approval to keep using it.

A completely proper observation, by the way.
Most ID supporters seem to atleast be wanting to better London,
while it seems that the majority of Feducci’s supporters are the veteran cadre of players who’re either in it for themselves or for insane, sociopathic debauchery and fun. There’s no real moral argument to be had with Feducci supporters, he’s obviously rotten and self-involved and they approve of it, so I think it’d be best to just steer clear of them completely when not mobbing their agitators.

I’ve turned the google doc into quite the infodump, by the way. I’ve got most of the important snippets on all three factions neatly listed and I’ve added plenty of notes pointing out pros and cons of every campaign.

I’m considering making a list of all resources we’re capable of mustering, things like first city coin deliveries, surprise packages, starveling cats and hesperidean cider, in case more big players like Nigel Overstreet decide to sell themselves.

Unfortunately, Feducci will most likely take the popular vote. He is the most well known of the candidates and has a central story that everyone that plays has to touch at least once. On top of Name recognition, he is a gun wielding, bandaged madman. So that is going to get a portion of voters as well.

I would think that our main hope would be veteran players making different choices and being able to contribute substantially more votes through nobility, ranking, and political influence. Hopefully this can balance out the sheer volume of other voters?

That said, I would be happy to donate to any campaigners out there! I have received a glorious number of donations, so please let me give back!
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Winter%20IV

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]I’m a campaigner and this is my first election. I’m extremely excited to support such a high-minded moral candidate. I’d appreciate any and all donations and will do my best to return the favor. I myself regularly do charitable work in Veilgarden such as helping a hollow-eyed hedonist rid himself of that dreadful prisoner’s honey. [/color]

[quote=WinterIV]Unfortunately, Feducci will most likely take the popular vote. He is the most well known of the candidates and has a central story that everyone that plays has to touch at least once. On top of Name recognition, he is a gun wielding, bandaged madman. So that is going to get a portion of voters as well.

I would think that our main hope would be veteran players making different choices and being able to contribute substantially more votes through nobility, ranking, and political influence. Hopefully this can balance out the sheer volume of other voters?

That said, I would be happy to donate to any campaigners out there! I have received a glorious number of donations, so please let me give back!
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Winter%20IV[/quote]
Right now, our greatest boon is the fact that we’re the only campaign with good infrastructure.
We have a hub as well as a donations page.
Our google document is currently being used to stash and find fellow members, gather and send bribes so other players will join our side, and to safeguard and scrutinize snippets that provide information about the DTC, the ID, and Feducci (and naturally, find incriminating evidence and slander to spread on our opponents)

Don’t sneeze at sending out letters. Today the DTC got two recruits from letters I sent out yesterday. Letters are the only way to reach people who don’t regularly use the forum.

And we should not write off Feducci supporters when we recently made a recruit from the Feducci camp and when there are people (honestly) questioning why everyone is calling Feducci a spy! There are people who don’t know his full background even on the forum, so there are no doubt a ton of off-forum backers who don’t know his sordid history. Letters!

Also no defeatism - things are not like last year. Jenny’s lead was obvious unassailable. This year it’s not obvious who is leading and neither Feducci nor the Detective are unassailable. We know because we’ve made recruits from either camp and seen people who thought about backing Feducci switch to the Detective when informed of Feducci’s past.

Also, I made a post on the Mr Eaten thread and some of our opponents have down-voted it. Could you guys go and press the green thumb? ^^
edited by Anne Auclair on 6/28/2017

[quote=Anne Auclair]Also, I made a post on the Mr Eaten thread and some of our opponents have down-voted it. Could you guys go and press the green thumb? ^^
edited by Anne Auclair on 6/28/2017[/quote]

I mean I’m supporting the DTC and I downvoted that. I think pouring honey down a well is a very bad idea, but let’s not go about spreading rumors about new Eaten stuff if we win. People take that kind of thing seriously and if it turns out the DTC is just dumping some honey down it and nothing more seekers will be MAD. And I do not want the crazy people that eat anything that moves coming after us.
edited by Kylestien on 6/28/2017

Absolutely! I was flattered.