THE HALLOWMAS EDITION

Confirmed. Two pretty Night-Whispers, though; not useful to me right now but perhaps convenient for others…

I focused on my undying trust, though I would have liked to forgive my betrayers as well. I probably should have picked the 100 spirit option since I had 178, but ah well, it was for the roleplaying. I am pleased to note that the resulting Steadfast bump appears uncapped, which is hopefully not a bug.

Ha! I knew Notability would be a reward (not that it was hard to guess). I’m glad I decided to raise my less notable alts prior to this.

Ooh, now that is interesting! I’ll have to see if that goes off of my choice, too.

I scolded those fools who betrayed my trust and received a searing enigma for my troubles.

I ended with 95 spirit of hallowmas, having only achieved a POSI partway through the festivities. So close to 100, but so far… Oh well, I’m hoping to achieve one of the 4 card lodgings before winter comes to the neath and a further 2 points of notability, as based on the wiki I should be able to upgrade then more cheaply.

Does anyone know if you can keep your spirit of hallowmas instead of using them?

This is the first year to have Spirits of Hallowmas, so I’m not sure if you can save them. I’m willing to bet that Mr Huffam doesn’t want to report on old news, though, so if you don’t use that quality Time will probably eat it.

I only managed 109 Spirit of Hallowmas, but I’m happy with the reward I earned for my trustworthiness.

Oh do tell!

[quote=Frensus]I used it more as a way to manage nightmares from hunting the quarter for skulls than spamming confessions and optimal menaces.[/quote]I did something similar by making sure to Advertise a spot of hunting for every CP of Scandal reduction. And for that I had to spend the first part of Hallowmas getting to that storylet, which took longer than I thought it would. So by the time I was ready to collect confessions I guess a lot of my contacts had already retired to deal with their various backlogs.

Still managed to get well above 100 Spirit of Hallowmas, thanks to devouring confessions from last year. Which was the first time I did any social actions at all in this game, since I’m just not a very social person. I guess Hallowmas is pretty good at drawing out lurkers who don’t want to miss out on game content?

I got married IRL on November 1st. This means I spent the better half of Hallowmas preparing for the wedding and the other half on my honeymoon.
I’m lucky to have gotten the Spirit I did, though I was about 180 short of having a whole edition dedicated to me.
Next year I’ll have more time create a battle plan for getting into the Hallowmas Spirit.

Still, I’m happy with my penultimate reward. Nothing wrong with a supplementary issue.

158x trust (2). I’m going to -start- next Hallowmas at 948 spirit. Best reward is 500 spirit. I’m crying. Next year is going to be brilliant X’D

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]I got married IRL on November 1st. This means I spent the better half of Hallowmas preparing for the wedding and the other half on my honeymoon.
I’m lucky to have gotten the Spirit I did, though I was about 180 short of having a whole edition dedicated to me.
Next year I’ll have more time create a battle plan for getting into the Hallowmas Spirit.

Still, I’m happy with my penultimate reward. Nothing wrong with a supplementary issue.[/quote]

Congratulations! :)

[quote=Flyte][color=#C2B280]This is precisely right. In general, if a festival has some sort of currency quality that you can trade in for other things, like Masquing, Spirit of Hallowmas or a Strange Catch, it won’t last from year to year.[/color][/quote]How fleeting are our Tiny Cave Fish?

Those will last forever.

I have a school of 12 of them. What can I say, they’re just irresistibly cute. Plus I know my Rubbery associates like them.

Alas, My notability was already at 15, so I missed out on part of my reward for my article. The 2 Night-Whispers are very nice, though.

Well, I had over 200 but less than 250. Damn. Confident I can get 250 next year, but not 500 probably. I do hope we’ll be able to do something with Trust 3 contacts next year.
edited by Fhoenix on 11/13/2014

Oh do tell![/quote]

I went for the reward associated with the highest amount of Spirit I was eligible for. I got the same as Ewan C.–two Night Whispers.

That was a fun event! I’m fond of Mr Huffam and always happy to see him used, and I was thoroughly chuffed with the rewards. Sir Fred and Hubris got the supplementary editions (trustworthy and deceitful, respectively, of course), while Juniper and Esther got the open letters (forgiving and trusting.)