The Great Item Name Changing Of 2015

So, apparently most of the items in the game are singular pronouns now!

• Items that were previously named <Substance> were changed to <Selection> of <Substance>, e.g. Rostygold - Piece of Rostygold, Incendiary Gossip - Scrap of Incendiary Gossip, Greyfields 1879 - Bottle of Greyfields 1879. This naming rule makes for the majority of the name changes, and some of affected items actually gained decent flavor as a result (the Rubbery chain in particular)[/li][li]Clothing that comes in pairs is now called <Pair> of <Clothing>.[/li][li]Items that were previously plural nouns were changed to singular nouns, e.g. Expedition Supplies - Expedition Supply, Favours in High Places - Favour in High Places

Some semi-obscure items were overlooked (as of the time of posting, Myrrh-Scented Roses and Correspondence Stones remain unchanged) and one particular example doesn’t make much sense (Page of Collated Research when the image is quite clearly a volume), but overall this looks like a nice little update.
edited by Balefire Phoenix on 6/29/2015

Wow. I’m surprised I didn’t notice this until you pointed it out.

This is disconcerting. But probably not a bad change in the long run.

While we’re talking about this, I think I’d find “Piece of Surface Currency” a lot less awkward than “Coin of Surface Currency”.

I admit that the ‘coin of surface currency’ annoys me too. Apart from anything else, it renders the success of this particular action nonsensical: http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/A_furious_and_incoherent_drunken_rat

Not sure what I’d go with as an alternative, but I currently favour ‘example’.
edited by RandomWalker on 6/30/2015

[color=#0066ff]Indeed! There’s a thread about this and connected changes (coming later today) in the Parabola forum. [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]We’re changing the way Quality Requirements are phrased, and to make it read smoothly, had to rephrase item names too.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Feedback taken RE coin/piece - I’ve passed on.[/color]

Puzzle-Damask is still Puzzle Damask.

I don’t even know what a Puzzle Damask is.

[quote=RandomWalker] the ‘coin of surface currency’ annoys me too.
edited by RandomWalker on 6/30/2015[/quote]

It’s a &quotfistful&quot of surface currency now. Good choice.

Needs a &quotFor a few surface currency more&quot storylet, and then maybe &quotThe Magnanimous, the Heartless and the Rubbery&quot!

Damask is a type of material.

Whispered Hints! Intriguing Snippets! I like it.