The Fruits of the Zee Festival is here!

I’d tried this last week but couldn’t get my Running Battle above 6, even with using items. And I had no idea before reading this thread that there were so many things to find on Mutton Island.

ACK! it’s over already? thought it would last the month. still didn’t catch my armoured piggie…
EDIT: oop. i was in the wrong location. my mistake.
edited by rebelanarch-82 on 8/28/2015

Still appears to be on. Still being offered. I have to spend some actions to reduce menaces, then it’ll be back to Mutton Island.

Guess I got the Guinea Pig luckily early on. He’s actually visible on my profile if you want a look.

I am now satisfied with the Fruits of the Zee Festival. On my first trip, I received my Destiny from the Drownies. Before my second trip, I cleared my Wounds and Nightmares. Good thing, as all the time I spent there drove both back up to 7. I didn’t use any Strange Catches to reduce them. Did bring in 6 of them, which got me all 5 weapons from Shipwreck Cove and a whopper of a Diamond.

Back in London and have mostly worked off those Menaces. Still have both August’s and September’s Exceptional Stories to do.

I do wonder who the Hooded Woman is.

The image of Hooded Woman options should be a strong clue. But you can get a more explicit confirmation by completing non-Feast content on Mutton Island and following up at the Carnival.

How do you raise that quality associated with the Mysterious woman and the hand symbol?

Just get the best catch you can and hope that the RNG likes you. There’s nothing you can do to increase the pickings at the cover after you’ve pulled the catch in.

If you want to get the best catches, you need to spend partial maps and Zee stories whenever you have the option when fishing.

I should also mention that I believe that the festival finishes soon (at the end of the month, I think), so if there’s still something out there that you want, you should work fast.

[quote=RandomWalker]
I should also mention that I believe that the festival finishes soon (at the end of the month, I think), so if there’s still something out there that you want, you should work fast.[/quote]

Ah~! Kelly is new around the place and just took a ship to the island. Will Kelly get stuck there when the festival ends?

[quote=Lisbella Peridot][quote=RandomWalker]
I should also mention that I believe that the festival finishes soon (at the end of the month, I think), so if there’s still something out there that you want, you should work fast.[/quote]

Ah~! Kelly is new around the place and just took a ship to the island. Will Kelly get stuck there when the festival ends?[/quote]

I believe that you will be able to arrange transport home. The festival is open to non-POSIs, and so people who do not have a method for crossing the zea. I don’t think that FB would be quite so cruel as to leave them stranded there until the next festival.

[color=#0066ff]The Fruits of the Zee Festival will be closing tomorrow, 2 Sept, at around 4pm BST. Fish your last![/color]

Oh well, I wasn’t expecting such a narrow window to cash in that last catch. But I had a great festival anyway, time to go back to London and see what September’s Exceptional story brings :)

I expected to be kicked out of the island when the time came for the festival to end, but no, I could continue to spend my days in the Southern Archipelago—in theory at least, because menaces do increase and there is no way to get them down again without using items or fishing and trading my catch. I did stay for extra day or so, because I hadn’t actually explored the various storylets on the island; on my first visit when the festival opened, my Shadowy wasn’t high enough and I kept failing, which scared me off. I just went fishing a couple of times and found my Destiny, which took me back home. I returned later on, mostly to reduce my menaces and have another look, but that’s all I did.*

I gave it another try on the last day, and I did better, though with some difficulty; my improved stats and the consequences of the said Destiny greatly aided me in my second attempt to discover Mutton Island’s secrets. The place is truly sinister, and although I had appreciated the atmosphere from the outset, that doesn’t count for much without the payoff. Really enjoyed the various stories, and even without the things I’d happened to hear about a certain consumed gentleman, I’d still be interested to know more about it and what it might mean. (My first thought was that the ritual at the top was fertility-related, and constituted the reason why the island was still green.

• I had no idea about the advanced items one could find (being an idiot and not reading past the first page of this thread until yesterday), so I didn’t seek them. Rather disappointed about that… I have no idea whether I’ll still be playing this game next summer. My history says I won’t, though I’ve found that the rhythms of Fallen London appeal to me much more than those of other games, so who knows.

hohum. my alt &quotcaught&quot a piggy, but my main didn’t. annoying. wish there was a way to trade them like starvling cats, but the cat are more of a menance item…
edited by rebelanarch-82 on 9/7/2015

Does different levels of Running Battle result in different rewards when you trade the fish in?

Yes, indirectly.

Your Running Battle level becomes your Strange Catch level.

Then, when you turn it in to go to Wreckers’ Cove, you get a Picking Through Wreckers’ Coffee quality at random, and the range is apparently [Catch/2 , Catch].

edited by dov on 9/3/2017

Oh, that final bit about the range is what confused me. I assumed that Picking Through Wreckers’ Coffee was equal to Strange Catch, so when my rewards become inconsistent I got really confused.