The Fruits of the Zee Festival is here!

I can confirm you can get the guinea pig with strange catch 7. Takes a lot of tries though!

I was able to get the guinea pig on my first try, but I have had no luck getting the other rewards. The randomness of the fishing trip and rewards is somewhat frustrating.

ack. 3 fail tries. still no guinea pig. i hate this randomness in conversions.

Unsure if this is the right place to post this, but there’s a mistake in Going Fishing’s &quotBe Unmoving&quot option:

Let them grow complacent. Let them them draw closer.

Question: if I choose a destiny during this festival, will I be able to change or get rid of it later on?

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)][quote=Wanderer]Question: if I choose a destiny during this festival, will I be able to change or get rid of it later on?[/quote][/color]
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]You can change it, but you have to pay in Fate. And the price is quite hefty. Choose wisely.[/color]

===========================================

Yasssss, I got the guinea pig! Finally something more Dangerous than my Ravenglass Knife. I can also confirm that you get this lovely furry fella at Strange Catch 7. Now, to get the Eolith and the Salt…

Also: the Hooded Lady offers non-equipment rewards for Strange Catches. Can anyone tell if they’re worth the trouble?
edited by Kolanowski on 8/21/2015
edited by Kolanowski on 8/21/2015

I got Cove 9, and none of the rewards seem particularly worth the effort required. The options might be worth playing just for the story, but you’re not going to get anything rare or valuable outside the unique equipment.

Yeah, I wouldn’t recommend playing the cove for echoes. It’s good to find every option for completeness’ sake, but there’s better money to be made elsewhere, at least if you’re POSI. If you’re a new starter and have decent quirks then fishing might be worthwhile, but even then I think you’d be better off just using quirks and cashing in with the menace reduction options.

[quote=Aurelius]Unsure if this is the right place to post this, but there’s a mistake in Going Fishing’s &quotBe Unmoving&quot option:

Let them grow complacent. Let them them draw closer.[/quote]

You can report typos to support@failbettergames.com if you want to be sure that they’ll see it. Be sure to include the storylet title. :)

I got the guinea pig! He’s such an adorable projectile. If you guys put Pigmote island as a location he should be able to be used as something for the guinea pigs.

Has any brave soul tried the Something else… (9 FATE) option?

If so, could you PM me the consequences, or alternatively give us here a rough indication of what the rewards are like?

I think it just changes your Cove value if you don’t want the choices you’ve been given. Never to a higher value, but it might be helpful if you shoot too high and it’s very very near the end of the event.

Do we lose our catch quality if we leave the island?
edited by Koenig on 8/22/2015
edited by Koenig on 8/22/2015

I can confirm that you lose your Strange Catch quality if you leave the island.

What is this I have heard people talking about… something about throwing your catch into the well to get some type of candle? I’ve thrown in my catch a few times, and I’ve seen nothing of the sort. A baseless rumor, perhaps?

The randomness with the Hooded Lady is far too excessive and expensive. I’ve tried many times and always fell short.

Went in with 8 SC and got 4 cove. Went in with 7 SC and got 6 SC.And many other attempts. Didn’t keep count of the resources I’ve spent (but then didn’t keep count of the resources I gained either) but I’ll leave the Hooded Lady to her own devices. I did get a few unique items and an assortment of goodies. I’m not complaining but I’m giving up on the guinea pig.
edited by MayorFasi on 8/22/2015

What is there to do after getting all the special items? Besides getting a Destiny, that is. I got mine last Christmas. Is there a secret special item? Because I got my catch to 11 and didn’t see anything beyond the guinea pig.

After you get all the special items you can either stay if you enjoy the atmosphere or go back to London if you’re bored. Personally I’m just enjoying the holiday while it’s here, even if it would technically be more beneficial to just head back into London to pursue my regular goals.

Echo-wise, are any of the options profitable compared to the usual schemes of London? I don’t mind if they aren’t, since my main concern with the Festival is to enjoy the event as it is. I’d just like to keep any profitable options in mind while I’m here.

Ah I see, thank you =)