The Final Season of Hearts' Game!

Yes, was Fate locked until 3 years ago.

It may or may not be a hint at a future action unlock. I just think it would be a good one.

Anyhoo, here’s the link to the echo:
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Mr%20J/38188333

2 Likes

I kinda just took the text about planting it to be an explanation of why it’s a Home Comfort instead of like a weapon or something.

They give you a bulb, and now you have a sapling. You’ve definitely planted it.

Got Ribs, Knuckles and Livers on my first game. Couldn’t ask for a more reliable team. Sometimes tomorrow, I WILL finally earn the long, gruelling journey to attain a .jpeg of a sapling.

I got a Gambits, Loins and Magpies run in 7 out of 8. Now have my Sapling and Book.

I’ll probably still try do a Heart’s Game run every month. I like randomness :)

1 Like

Is anyone else just…feeling lost, now the sapling and the book are finally home? I feel like I’ve had this thing hanging over me long enough to have had drastic life changes, meaningfully improve my fitness and steered my career in a different, frankly more interesting direction.

And now I’m at a loss at what to do in the game anymore. And on some level, I realise I should feel freer, that this is an accomplishment and not some sort of empty void but…I just don’t. I’m finally heading towards endgame Renown for lack of something better to do. Will probably go Corsairing instead, eventually. It’s just easier to burn out actions I don’t need in Flit preparations. I know I can always just go back and do Hearts’ Game anytime I want but. It’s just not the same without a goal to aim for anymore. And I’m not paranoid enough to believe there’s some sort of hidden counter that removes Distinctions unless you regularly achieve them, and/or that FB will post new items to win as well as new Distinctions without advance notice.

Is there a word when you’ve been playing a game long enough to feel like it’s giving you a midlife crisis?

1 Like