"The Feast of the Rose" opportunity card.

This is quite a complex card, and it pops up near constantly during the feast.

From a bit of wiki combing and testing, i’ve found that some of the options on it give 2 Maquing, instead of 1

[ul][li]A lovers Tryst : Arrange to meet by the silver fountain[/li][li]Buy a kiss from sinning jenny: Negotiate a little first[/li][li]A mysterious envelope: Open it (its the only option on that one)[/li][li]A face from the past: Don’t remind yourself[/li][/ul]So i hope this information is useful to someone, and there may be others.
But personally, i’ve got all the masquing i need for this feast, i’m done with that now. (I’ve also met the captivating princess, i strongly recommend doing that) And yet the card still keeps popping up, so i’ve come to ask for advice.
What options on this card would you recommend to someone who no longer needs Masquing? Ie, which options are most profitable, or raise interesting qualities?

Grenem did a pretty good rundown of this:
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic21486-the-incomplete-guide-to-the-feast-of-the-rose.aspx?Page=2#post126531

[quote=Nanako]This is quite a complex card, and it pops up near constantly during the feast.

From a bit of wiki combing and testing, i’ve found that some of the options on it give 2 Maquing, instead of 1

[ul][li]A lovers Tryst : Arrange to meet by the silver fountain[/li][li]Buy a kiss from sinning jenny: Negotiate a little first[/li][li]A mysterious envelope: Open it (its the only option on that one)[/li][li]A face from the past: Don’t remind yourself[/li][/ul]So i hope this information is useful to someone, and there may be others.
But personally, i’ve got all the masquing i need for this feast, i’m done with that now. (I’ve also met the captivating princess, i strongly recommend doing that) And yet the card still keeps popping up, so i’ve come to ask for advice.
What options on this card would you recommend to someone who no longer needs Masquing? Ie, which options are most profitable, or raise interesting qualities?[/quote]
Assuming all rare successes are too rare to actually substantially change EpA, and all rare failures are common enough to mess with EpA, and going at it from an epa standpoint, rather than a &quotI want to read everything!&quot standpoint:

A lover’s tryst:

Frankly, this is all around amazing. 5 echoes, two masqueing. either one would make this good, but both make it amazing.

A face from the past: learn more.

This is pretty good. 2.5 echoes at no cost, in the form of a touching love story. Also 1 point masqueing, so you can keep taking stolen kisses on &quotan encounter at the feast&quot

Help mrs. gembrandt answer her corespondence: take cold blooded advantage.

3.60 echoes in fabric items. no masqueing, no quirk changes, nothing. just 60 pence of honey, and 3 echoes of fabric.

If none of these are availible, deliberately shuffle airs so one of them appears, assuming you have a profitable way of doing so, like unfinished business. If you’re doing a high-shuffling grind, you might also avoid a face from the past in favor of the better two.
edited by Grenem on 2/19/2016
edited by Grenem on 2/19/2016

thank you grenem, that’s very helpful. Looks like i’ve got some shuffling of airs to do!

It’s not just the money. That 5 echoes comes in the form of a stolen kiss + touching love story, both of which can be up-converted into very useful things, one of which gives bonus MW, and th other a very occasional free Airag.

With that card being so frequent, you can build up a nice stockpile.
edited by yetanotherone on 2/19/2016

[quote=yetanotherone][quote=Nanako]
This is quite a complex card, and it pops up near constantly during the feast.
A lover’s tryst:

Frankly, this is all around amazing. 5 echoes, two masqueing. either one would make this good, but both make it amazing.
[/quote]

It’s not just the money. That 5 echoes comes in the form of a stolen kiss + touching love story, both of which can be up-converted into very useful things, one of which gives bonus MW, and th other a very occasional free Airag.

With that card being so frequent, you can build up a nice stockpile.
edited by yetanotherone on 2/19/2016[/quote]
True, but most items can be side converted like that. I suppose at first that makes it better, but eventually it is just about the money. Roughly 60% of items can be upcrafted like this, and most people don’t care more about Airag than the other items, and every 2.5 -> 12.5 upcraft has a ~62.5 echo rare success.